Terms and Conditions for enabling Ahli Bank Cards on Ahli Digital Wallet
Digital Wallet is a contactless payment method technology that will allow the Customer to pay for his/her purchases by placing the device near the machine at point of sale.
Card: a Jordan Ahli Bank credit, debit or prepaid card issued by Jordan Ahli Bank to the Customer which must be active and shall have correct CVV and expiry date.
Customer: the account holder that owns the Card that is issued by Jordan Ahli Bank.
Device: includes but is not limited to a smartphone, tablet or smart watch or any other device which is compatible for use of the Wallet solution which Ahli Bank determines being eligible for the registration of Ahli Bank Cards to be used in the Wallet.
Digital Wallet: the mobile payment and digital wallet service created by third party wallet providers which enable the users to make payments using Eligible Devices and Cards registered on such Devices.
Passcode: the secret code which is required to unlock a Device, including a password, passcode, pattern or biometric identifier (as applicable).
Transaction: any payment transactions, whether online or offline, for the purchase of goods or services by using the digital wallet.
All active Jordan Ahli Bank credit, debit and prepaid cards can be added and used through the digital wallet.
The Customer can add his/her Ahli Bank Cards to the Wallet by following the instructions of the Wallet provider. Only Ahli Bank Cards that Ahli Bank indicates are eligible can be added to the Wallet. If the Card or underlying account is not in good standing, that Card will not be eligible to be enrolled in the Wallet. When Customer adds a Card to the Wallet, the Wallet allows him/her to use the Card to make transactions where the Wallet is accepted. The Customer hereby agrees and understands that payments made using the Digital Wallet may not be used and accepted at all times, including but not limited to cases where there is failure in the Near Field Communication (NFC).. The Customer shall contact the Ahli Bank to know how to remove his/her Card from the Wallet. Ahli Bank can also block a Card in the Wallet at any time upon the Customer’s request.
- The Bank is not responsible for providing Digital Wallet service to its Customers. The Bank’s only responsibility is to supply information securely to Digital Wallet to allow usage of the Cards in the Wallet.
- The Bank is not responsible for any failure of Digital Wallet or the inability to use the Wallet for any transaction.
- The Bank is not responsible for the performance or non-performance of Digital Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement entered by the Customer with the Wallet provider or associated third-party relationships that may impact Customer’s use of the Wallet.
- The Customer is responsible for keeping his/her security credentials confidential and preventing fraudulent or unauthorized usage of his/her Card through Digital Wallet or Device.
- The Customer is responsible for deleting their Cards from Digital Wallet before they dispose their Device or pass their Device temporarily to someone else.
The Bank does not currently charge a fee for using a Card in the digital wallet. However, the Bank reserves the right to revise any existing charging structure and/or make additional charges. The Customer shall be solely responsible for all fees, and charges imposed by the digital wallet or any third parties in relation to the use of the digital wallet.
The Customer agrees that he/she will receive electronic notifications, communications and SMS messages when performing any Digital Wallet transactions using the Cards. In case the Customer has subscribed to Jordan Ahli Bank supplementary card then the notifications and the SMS messages will be delivered to the mobile number that is connected on the primary card.
Also, the Customer agrees to receive any SMS messages or emails that are related for marketing or guidance, acknowledgment messages. The Customer agrees and undertakes to update his/her contact information when they change.
A virtual representation of the Card is licensed, to the Customer for use only under the Terms. The Bank reserves all rights not expressly granted to the Customer.
The Customer is granted a non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-transferable, personal, limited license to install and use tokens and other credentials associated with the Card to make payments with the Device solely in accordance with the Terms. The license is limited to use on any Device that the Customer owns or controls in accordance with any applicable third party agreements.
The Customer shall not lease, lend, sell, re-distribute or sub-license any right to use any Card credentials in the Card or the Wallet.
The Customer hereby agrees that the virtual representation of the Card in the Wallet or its credentials may be automatically updated or upgraded without notice. The Bank may at any time, at its sole discretion and determination and without prior notice, modify, change, limit or expand the Card or any currency of transactions allowed using the Card with the Wallet.
- Digital Wallet is a secure payment method that uses security features built-in to the hardware and software of your device to help protect your transactions.
- The Bank will use a certain card information during registration to the digital wallet. As the wallet does not store or have access to the original Cards numbers that the Customer use with Digital Wallet. And when he/she use Digital Wallet with the Cards, the wallet doesn’t retain any transaction information that can be tied back to the Customer. The transactions only stay between the Customer, merchant, and the Bank.
- The Customer is responsible for maintaining the security of the Device and the confidentiality of the Device Passcode, and all other means to access the Digital Wallet, the Cards credentials, and any other personal or payment information related to the Device. Upon sharing the Device and or means of access to the Device with any person, such person may be able to use the Cards and access the personal and payment information available in the Wallet and the Device. The Customers are required to keep the Device and the credentials secure in the same manner as they would keep secure cash, cheques, debit or credit cards, and other personal identification numbers and passwords.
- In case of breach of confidentiality of the Device or Passcode, the Customer shall be fully and solely responsible for and bear all charges, costs, losses, and damages whatsoever and howsoever arising from such breach. In the event the Customers disclose the Passcode intentionally or unintentionally, they shall indemnify the Bank against any unauthorized payment, charges, costs or losses and any transaction effected due to such breach.
- The Customer shall request immediately from the Bank to block the Card due to such disclosure or breach and shall indemnify the Bank for any loss, damage, charge or expense incurred by the Bank due to such breach.
- The Customer shall immediately notify the Bank if the Passcode is breached or is disclosed to another person or entity.
- The Customer shall cooperate with the Bank in all investigations and use any fraud prevention or other related measures which are prescribed by the Bank.
The Customer hereby agrees that the Bank may, at its sole discretion, suspend or block the service relating to the Customer’s ability to use the Digital Wallet at any time and without the need to obtain the Customer’s prior consent.
If the Customers lose their device and need to suspend or remove any of the Cards from their Digital Wallet. As a first step the Customers need to contact the Bank contact center on the following number +96265007777 to suspend the Card/s from Digital Wallet immediately.
- The Customer can add his/her Ahli Bank Cards to the Wallet by following the instructions of the Wallet provider. Only Ahli Bank Cards that Ahli Bank indicates are eligible can be added to the Wallet. If the Card or underlying account is not in good standing, that Card will not be eligible to be enrolled in the Wallet. When Customer adds a Card to the Wallet, the Wallet allows him/her to use the Card to make transactions where the Wallet is accepted.
- In case the Customer has reported that the Card has been lost or stolen, the Card will be immediately deactivated on Digital Wallet. Once the Customer receives a replacement Card, they should re-enroll the new card.
- If the Customer turn off their Device password or erase/restore their device, their Card from Digital Wallet will not accepting any payments, and the Customer will have to re-enroll the Card for their Digital Wallet again
- Digital Wallet is provided by a third-party without a warranty from the Bank. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that from time to time, the use of the Card linked with Digital Wallet may be delayed, interrupted, or disrupted for an unknown period for reasons that the Bank cannot control. The Bank will not be liable for any claim arising from or related to the use of the Card through Digital Wallet due to such delay, interruption, disruption, or similar failure.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Bank is not a party to the terms and conditions for Digital Wallet between the Customer and the third-party and the Bank does not own and is not responsible for the third-party.
- The Bank is not responsible for the development, operation, performance, maintenance or other support services for Digital Wallet and shall not be responsible for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses with respect to the third-party, including but not limited to, any third party product liability claims, claims that Digital Wallet fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and claims with respect to intellectual property infringement. Any inquiries or complaints relating to the use of third-party, including those pertaining to Intellectual Property Rights, must be directed to the third-party.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in Amman (Palace of Justice). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Bank may submit to any other court or jurisdiction at its sole discretion and determination.
These Terms are made in Arabic and English. In case of any inconsistency or contradiction, the Arabic text shall prevail.