Key Financial Achievements – Q3 2018
- Interest Revenues witnessed a positive growth of 4.9%.
- Our cost control strategy began to bear fruit in 2018 where total expenses dropped 18.7%.
- Provisions for impaired credit facilities dropped despite the implementation of the new IFRS 9 ECL framework. Resulting mostly from the aggressive loan-book cleanup that we have adopted during the past two years.
- Earnings before tax increased by 50.4%.
- Our Cost-to-Income ratio recorded 66.9% with continuous efforts targeted towards levels that are lower than the industry average through lowering expenses and increasing profitability.
- A stable and solid asset base as the Net Credit Facilities to Total Assets has registered 52.1%, marking an ideal utilization of funds which leads to higher and more stable profitability.
- A Stable Loan-to-Deposit ratio of 74.8% which supports profitability and Asset-Liability Management.
- Rebalancing our loan book with increased exposure to Real Estate lending (31.8% of direct credit facilities extended).
- Credit risk exposure is concentrated in Jordan due to the geopolitical unrest in the region and the challenging operating environment.
- NPL ratio of 7.55% which is in line with our strategy and target of reaching below industry-average figures
- The loan coverage ratio of 75.6 %, calculated based on the new Expected Credit Loss (ECL) framework implemented by IFRS 9
- Capital Adequacy Ratio marked 14.39% as of the end of Q3 2018.
- JAbs leverage 10.6% remained comfortably above the CBJ’s minimum high Net Interest Margins (NIMs).
- A slight increase in Net Loans and a slight increase in Customer Deposits which supports our consistent strategy of focusing on credit quality while maintaining high Net interest margins (NIMs).
You can also read: Call deposit Account