Opening Initial Account Special Terms & Conditions
1- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Welcome! Jordan Ahli Bank(hereafter referred to as the “Bank”, “Ahli Bank”, “we”, “us”, or “our” provides its services and products for opening an initial bank account service (the “Service”), to you through the Bank’s application(s) (the “Application”) and/or through its website(s) (“firstname.lastname@example.org”) or through other reliable electronic or digital methods subject to the following special terms and conditions of use of the Service which supplements the Bank’s general account opening Terms and Conditions of the Bank (the “Terms”), which may be updated by the Bank from time to time and with notice or by obtaining your consent as the case may be. In all cases, you must review these Terms on a regular basis, in which you agree that posting or serving or using or revising the Terms, shall be considered as sufficient notice to you of any and all amendments made thereto. By using the Service, you acknowledge your acceptance to these Terms of Service. The continued use of the Service after any amendments shall constitute your consent to such Service.
The access and continued use of the Service and completion of the same through the Application, Website, or through any reliable electronic or digital methods and signing and/or clicking on the “I agree” constitutes a binding and conclusive acceptance and agreement by yourself of all such Terms contained herein and the Bank’s general account opening Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not accept the Terms, then upon clicking on “I do not agree” the Service will immediately cease the right to use the Service of the Bank is personal to you only and is not transferable to any other person or entity whatsoever or disclose the same. The Bank has the right to refuse or withdraw Service to any user that refuses to abide by the Terms herein or does not complete the final opening of an account as detailed belowor abuses their rights related to the Service.
2 – OUR SERVICE
These Terms of opening initial account Service apply to all customers and users of our Application, Website or any reliable electronic or digital methods for the Service provided including but not limited to subscribers of the trustee/guardian and legal guardian of minors (who are under age of ) as well as any other userwho desires to benefit from our Service (“User” or “you”).
3 – INFORMATION & INITIAL ACCOUNT OPENING KYC
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any information you may provide to open the initial account and complete the required for the opening the account in full at the branch or digital boarding branch and the Bank will neither be held responsible to verify nor for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of files, and/or originality of any such information.
All field(s) in the online application form are mandatory (except where specified otherwise). If any field is left blank, or is filled with incorrect or incomplete data, the online application form shall be considered as incomplete and will be rejected by the Bank.
You undertake, agree and confirm that any and all information/details/ data/ form/documents provided by you at each and every stage of the account opening up until the completion account opening process in full shall be accurate, up to date, genuine, true and correct in every manner whatsoever
You agree and understand that online initial account opening up until the completion of the account opening process in full are subject to the completion of ‘the know your customer requirements(whether provided in person as a hard copy or software through electronic methods) as the case may be (“KYC”) in which you agree to provide as per the authenticated manner whether digital or else considered by the Bank, and the Bank reserves its right to require you to serve additional documents or information or visit the branch wherever required.
It is understood that there is certain additional information that might be required to be provided by our users electronically or through any digital manner through Ahli Bank that may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us in respect of “know your client” and others. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, and practices of any third party. In addition, Ahli Bank cannot control the content communicated by the entities that you may subscribe to. By using the Service and/or the Application, website, or any other reliable electronic or digital methods taking into consideration to all procedures that must be taken pursuant to the relevant laws you expressly acknowledge and agree that AhliBank shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party users and acknowledges and agrees that the Service is provided “as is” and that the Bank assumes no responsibility for the timelines, deletion, miss delivery or failure to store any communications or personalization settings.
It might be required to provide a special user name and password number given by the Bank only for the purpose of sharing with the Bank or its agent who shall be responsible for completing the KYC (sent on mobile number registered with the Bank) as part of the initial account opening, to facilitate extraction, reliance and verification of your provided data live and stored through an authenticated system accepted by and subject to the applicable laws.
The Bank shall use its reasonable efforts to check the identity of the User, however, you acknowledge that the Bank does not conduct full reference checks of the Users unless the submission of all the required information and the account opening procedures and requirements are fulfilled and completed in full physically at the branch.
Accordingly, you have Ten days only to complete the opening of the account in full and deposit up to ten tthousand JDs through ATM, over the counter at the branch/digital onboarding branch or wire transfer and such statement is sent by e-mail accredited by the Bank in compliance with the Central Bank instructions. Otherwise, notes will be automatically set stating “post no debit post not credit on (debit/credit) until completion of the account.
Opening an initial account can either be through call centeror through electronic channels or digital onboarding branch, subject to the requirements of KYC, the Terms and limited to current or savings accounts.
The Customer agrees and understands that upon completion of KYC verification in compliance with the relevant laws, and customer due diligenceas the Bank may deem fit, the account will be opened. Obtaining any missing documents can be through the authenticated digital ways, visiting the branch or having a designated person from the Bank visiting you or any other manner. However, you may receive your debit card through visiting a branch or having an agent visiting you.
The account shall be considered dormant in the event of no movement to the account (no withdrawal from/ deposit into), and within the periods specified below from the date of the last withdrawal/ deposit.
- Six months for current accounts.
- Two years for saving accounts.
By affixing your E-signature on the Online Application Form, and clicking on “I AGREE” you will be deemed to have accorded your written consent on the application form, authorizations, declarations and undertakings mentioned therein, including Anti Money Laundering Law, relevant regulations, other Central Bank regulations, applicable laws, these Terms, and the general accounts opening terms and conditions of Ahli Bank.
You agree and understand that the same account information,authorized signature and correspondence address of your existing account(s) or provided upon opening the account to benefit from the Service through the online application form will apply for the new account you requested to open using this service and shall be considered upon clicking the “I AGREE” icon.
4- ADDITIONAL TERMS
In the event you win a prize, receiving it shall be conditional to completing the account opening. In the event the customer (winner of the prize) not claiming the prize within nine months from the date the announcement was made the prize shall be cancelled and the winner shall not have the right to claim it to claim the value thereof from the Bank
You can and in the event that you are a complete full customer for the Bank to register online to the Service by using the debit for the personal Services for your current or saving account only.
We recommend that you do not access from public networks and remember to log out from your account by clicking the ‘Logout’ tab at the (upper) of the page.
As a general rule, you are strictly prohibited from dealing with crypto currencies in any form that are banned by the Central Bank of Jordan, or to exchange the same for any other currency using their accounts at Ahli Bank or perform any transactions using these currencies, including making or receiving transfers with the objective of purchasing or selling these crypto currencies. If a client breaches this policy, the Bank reserves the right to terminate the account associated with the client immediately with no prior notification.
Your privacy and security is very important to us as we treat your personal information as private and confidential. We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and providing you with the highest level of securityand we take appropriate measures to keep your personal information that we hold about you secure and ensure that it is protected from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or disclosure.
To maintain protecting your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Check your account balance and bank statements regularly and notify the branch of any discrepancies promptly.
- Contact us immediately if you believe someone else may have access to your password, user name, or other confidential information and you shall be liable for any harm until the date of informing the Bank.
The Bank will not be responsible in the event of erratic of the service, interruption or if inaccurate information is given through the Service.
Ensure virus protection is regularly updated and do not use public networks.
6 – PAYMENT
Accessing our Application, Website, or through other reliable electronic or digital methods free of charge. However, you acknowledge that we may charge or impose subscription fees for all or part of the Services in addition to other costs and expense including but not limited to the account dormancy fee added after 6 months for current accounts and 2 years for saving account
7 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that, we own the copyrights and all other intellectual property rights in our Application, Website, and other online or offline platform including the design of Ahli Application and Ahli Bank and protected by the applicable copyright laws and treaties around the world. As stated above, the Service is provided to you as is for your information and personal use only. Ahli Bank reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service.
8 – LICENSE
The Bank grants you a limited, revocable, non- sub licensable, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Service subject to your eligibility and continued compliance with these Terms; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Service. You agree not to modify the Service in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Service, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service.
9 – DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE FREE WILL THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AS AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE TERMS HEREIN, OR REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. AHLI BANK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY MATTER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING.
THE BANK MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURED, OR ERROR-FREE; OR THE SERVER AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE (iii) THAT INFORMATION ON THE SERVER WILL BE CORRECT, ACCURATE, ADEQUATE, USEFUL, TIMELY, AND RELIABLE OR OTHERWISE COMPLETE OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE BANK OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE APPLICATION/WEBSITE OR THROUGH ANY RELIABLE ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL METHODS OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. IF YOU ARE IN BREACH OF TERMS, OR DISCLOSED THE ACCOUNT NUMBER, ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE/COMPUTER DEVICE OR SYSTEM OR ACCOUNT OR YOUR MONEY.
10 – TERMINATION
11 – NOTICES
Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Bank may also provide notices of changes to the Terms or Service or updating the Service. Our electronic mailing address is email@example.com.
12 – GENERAL PROVISIONS
The Terms in addition to the general opening account terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Bank and governs your use of the Service unless there is another account opening agreement in the branch which shall be read with these Terms as one. We and you shall use our best efforts to resolve any disputes amicably. These Terms shall be governed by the Jordanian Laws including the Electronic Transactions Law No. (15), 2015 as amended and the Transfer and E-Payment Regulation No. 111, 2017. Further, and in case any dispute concerning this website shall arise, then it shall be submitted to the Jordanian Courts located in Amman while in case any of the terms and conditions shall be invalid or unenforceable, then the same shall be of no impact as for the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions that shall remain applicable.
All the terms that were not expressly stated shall apply on the Service and account opening. In the event of any inconstancy with these Terms and any other terms or conditions, then the Terms shall prevail
I the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that by clicking the “I agree icon” and/or signing electronically or wet signature that I have reviewed the terms and conditions of opening accounts, Ahli Bank Terms, understood its content, our review thereof was prior to clicking the icon and/or signing thereon, and that I was given the chance to read these Terms and the terms and conditions of Ahli Bank and to precisely and realistically observe the same.
13 – CONTACT US
To contact us, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Terms and Conditions for Debit Cards
These terms and conditions form an integral part of a Debit Card application that is signed by a Debit Card applicant forthe purpose of issuing a Card.
The following words and expressions, wherever they are provided herein, shall have the meanings assigned here below unless the context indicates otherwise.
Jordan Ahli Bank or any of its branches.
The natural or legal/ corporate person who deals with the Bank, and who has signed an application for a Debit Card in his capacity as the Account Holder or a party to the Account, whether such account is a joint account or an additional Cardholder.
It is an electronic Card that allows its holder to withdraw cash from the ATMs of the Bank or of other Banks (in the event of the presence of agreements for the use of the Card through them, whether locally or internationally) in addition to cash deposit service or payment for purchases through direct debit from the account, as this Card can be used only for the amount available in the account balance. It is also a Card issued and granted by the Jordan Ahli Bank, whether with local, international or regional trademarks.
It is a four-digit number that is given to the Customer either by a sealed envelope or by a text message on his/ her mobile phone number or manually entered by the Customer on a (PIN PAD) device for use simultaneously with the transaction executed by the Customer. The Customer acknowledges that his/her/its use of the PIN is the same as signing or authorizing the Bank to debit the account with the amount of the transaction.
Personal Identity Number (PIN)
a person or individual who has not completed the age of (18) years.
With reference to the application submitted by the Customer, which is signed by him/her/it regarding the use of the Debit Card issued by Ahli Bank of Jordan, which shall be deemed an integral part of these terms and conditions and in commitment of the Customer in his capacity as the holder of the Debit Card with all the following terms and conditions issued by the Bank:
1- It is understood by the Customer that the Debit Card and the PIN issued by the Bank are the property of the Bank, and the Customer may not dispose of them in any way. The Customer acknowledges his/her/its full and absolute responsibility to protect, preserve and keep safe the Debit Card and his/her/its PIN, and he/she/it shall remain responsible to the Bank, jointly and severally for any breach or violation by him/her/it in this regard.
2- The Bank shall have the right, at any time and without giving any reason, to cancel and/or stop the use of the Card and its PIN given to the Customer without giving any prior notice or notification. The Customer shall hereby exempt the Bank from any actions or make any transaction for cancellation, as this is due to the discretion and choice of the Bank.
3- The Customer declares his/her/its full commitment to preserve the Card and the PIN, and that he/she/it shall not allow any person whatsoever to use any of them, and the Customer shall be responsible to the Bank and other persons for all damages and losses that may be incurred by any of them, and the Customer shall be obliged to indemnify the Bank immediately for such damages or losses, whether they were arising as a result of illegal use and/or misuse, whatever their amount is and regardless of whether or not they were intentional, and for the amount determined by the Bank and without any need from the part of the Bank to give notice or notification. The Bank shall have the right to debit Customer’s account therewith with all damages and losses incurred by the Bank or third parties as a result of such illegal use and/or misuse.
4- The Customer acknowledges that he/she/itshall be fully committed to protect and preserve the Card and the PIN against theft or loss and/or causing changes to the data contained therein, or destruction, or distorting its form, and that in all cases he/she/it shall be obliged to notify the Bank in writing of any of such matters clearly and expressly so that the Bank may be able to take proper actions. Moreover, the Customer declares that the Bank shall not be responsible for any matter or thing that may result from the Customer’s failure to notify the Bank of such matters and in particular the loss of the Card which the Customer is obliged to send written notice immediately after he/she/it has found it. In all cases, the Bank shall have the right to issue a new Card to the Customer as well as a new PIN if the Bank has become certain of the correctness of the information contained in the Customer’s notification, and the Customer shall pay for a new fee determined by the Bank’s internal instructions in addition to any other expenses
5- The Customer shall maintain in his/her/its account with the Bank sufficient amounts to cover all withdrawals made by him/her/it by means of the Card delivered to him/her/it, and the Customer may not overdraw from his/her/its account except in the case of prior agreement with the Bank on account overdraft in the manner and amount agreed upon. The Bank reserves the right to transfer any amount from the Customer’s other accounts to his/her/its said account in order to cover any overdraft that may result from any dealings made by him/her/it with the account. The Bank shall also have the right to debit any of the Customer’s accounts with the Bank in addition to any withdrawals made or may be made by the Customer by means of the Card and the PIN and to settle the balances in favor of the Bank. In the event that the account is overdrawn for any reason whatsoever, the Customer acknowledges and agrees on the validity and correctness of the overdraft, and the Customer shall be obligated to repay and amount debited to the overdrawn account in addition to all fees, charges and commissions including overdraft fee as per the Bank’s internal instructions. The Customer also acknowledges that entries and records of the Bank are conclusive and correct evidence of all amounts due to the Bank, and the Customer may not have any objection to them. The Customer further waives any legal right he/she/it has to challenge such entries and accounts or object to them. In addition, the Customer waives any legal objection that allows him/her/it to demand to present the Bank’s books or records or examine its accounts or administration of the conclusive or decisive oath on the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors and/or the General Manager and/or employees of the Bank.
6- The Customer shall have the right to apply for the cancellation of the subscription to the Debit Card service provided he/she/it has notified in writing the Bank of such desire. In this case, the Customer shall be obliged to return the Card to the Bank immediately, provided that his/her/its responsibility towards the Bank remains in place until he/she/it has paid all his/her/its liabilities to the Bank.
7- The Bank shall have the absolute right to cancel the Customer’s subscription to the Debit Card service and request him/her/it to return the Card immediately, at the time when a seizure of the balances of his/her/its accounts is imposed, or when a bankruptcy order is issued against him/her/it, or when he/she/it stops to pay(to his/her/its creditors), or upon liquidation of his/her/its assets, or for any disposition affecting the payment of his/her/its liabilities and obligations to the Bank. In all cases, all obligations and liabilities owed to the Bank by the Customer as a result of the use of the Card shall immediately be payable without the Bank having to notify him/her/it of the actions taken by the Bank in this regard.
8- The Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly against the Customer due to the interruption or failure of the ATM, whether due to technical or non-technical reasons, and/or in case of failure to write down the amounts deposited in the machine and/or as a result of an unintentional error by the Bank, and the Customer shall hold the Bank harmless of any liability and/or damage and/or loss resulting from such cases or otherwise.
9- It is understood by the Customer that upon self-registration to subscribe to the electronic services, whether on the website of the Bank or the application of Ahli Mobile or Ahli Phone Banking the number of the Debit Card and the PIN of the Customer will be used, therefore the Customer acknowledges full responsibility for this action or any risk that may result therefrom, and he/she/it shall not have the right to object to them. These terms and conditions shall apply to subscription to the electronic applications. Once the subscription has been approved, the Customer acknowledges that he/she/it accepts that these terms and conditions apply to such applications in addition to the terms and conditions of the electronic services approved by the Bank.
10- The Customer acknowledges that he/she/it shall be absolutely and irrevocably responsible for any withdrawals or any transactions that have taken place as a result of his/her/its use of the Card in the event of opening a joint account and obtaining separate Cards allowing him/her/it to withdraw from such accounts on the grounds that each of the members to the joint account is authorized to sign alone to use the joint account and to dispose in whole or in part of the amounts deposited, and the Bank reserves the right to stop the account at any time without notice to the Customer.
11- The Bank reserves the right to make any amendments, additions or changes to these terms and conditions or to any of their individual provisions, without the Customer having the right to object to them, and without the need from the part of the Bank to notify the Customer of such changes or modifications, or they shall be binding on the Customer as of the time of making them, and shall be deemed as an integral part of the other terms and conditions contained in these provisions. The same shall apply in the event of modification of any of the terms and conditions of the party which the Card holds its trademark such as Visa or MasterCard
12- The Customer acknowledges that all information given to the Bank is true and correct and shall commit him/her/itself to provide the Bank with any information that may arise as a result of any modification or change in the Customer’s financial position. The Customer also acknowledges that the Bank has the right to inquire about the Customer from any person or entity whatsoever, to ensure that the information given to the Bank by the Customer is true and correct without the Customer having any objection thereto. The Customer shall hold the Bank’s harmless of any liability that may result of this, whether such liability is civil or criminal.
13- The Customer understands that the Bank shall not be obliged to give any notice or notification regarding any matter that may arise from the execution of the provisions of this obligation, unless it wishes to give notice or deliver any messages to the Customer, and the Customer confirms that the address registered with the Bank is the authorized address for sending message/mail to him/her/it.
14- It is understood by the Customer that the laws in force in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and any amendments thereto shall be applicable to the relationship between him/her/it and the Bank, and the instructions issued by the Bank or banking practices shall be deemed an integral part of this obligation and an integral part of the applicable laws. The courts of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan shall have jurisdiction over any matter, dispute or disagreement arising out of the application of these Terms and Conditions, or in any matter that may be related to them or to their interpretation.
15- It is understood by the Customer that the Debit Card is issued to the minors accounts under guardianship and to the benefit (of the minor), and the Card is issued in the name of the guardian or beneficent for the account to the benefit of (a minor).
16- The Bank shall be authorized to renew the Primary Card as well as the Additional Card after its expiry date unless otherwise it receives a written notice from the Customer prior to renewal.
17- The Customer agrees to the maximum daily withdrawal/purchase amount and this limit is subject to change without prior notice, which shall apply to both the Primary Card and the additional one.
18- It is understood and agreed that in case the customer makes any online transactions using his card that he is responsible for these transactions and the bank shall not be held responsible for any misuse, with the customers knowledge or without or because of his negligence or electronic piracy or any use that led to any debit on the customer’s account
The Terms and Conditions for Issuing Additional Debit Cards
1- A Primary Card shall be issued in the name of the Primary Account Holder and/or Additional in the name of the person/other user identified by the Customer and approved by the Bank. In either case, the Customer shall be responsible for any transactions made under the Primary or Additional Cards, including keeping safe the cards and PINs and shall also be responsible for any loss to the Bank as a result of misuse of Cards or equipment.
2- Debit Cards are issued to the customer’s current, savings and demand accounts provided that they are active.
3- Debit Cards of different types are not issued to the minors’ accounts under guardianship as well as incompetent people. However, in the cases where the Card is granted, the guardian shall bear full responsibility. Cards are issued to Customers with disabilities according to the Bank’s terms and conditions.
4- The Additional Debit Cards of the Customer shall be suspended in the event of a conservatory attachment/seizure on the account as is the case for the Primary Cards.
5- Debit Cards may not be issued to Customers on the prohibited lists, whether the account open with us is a personal, sole proprietorship, company or corporate body account.
6- It is understood by the Customer that the Additional Card has the same benefits, privileges and terms and conditions as the Primary Card does.
7- The Additional Card may be issued linked to a sub-account without such card being linked to the primary account
8- It is understood and agreed that in case the customer makes any online transactions using his card that he is responsible for these transactions and the bank shall not be held responsible for any misuse, with the customers knowledge or without or because of his negligence or electronic piracy or any use that led to any debit on the customer’s account
9- It is understood by the Customer that he/she/it acknowledges the validity and correctness of the financial transactions executed on any of his/her/its additional Cards and shall not have the right to object to them, and he/she/it holds the Bank harmless of any responsibility for such transactions.
10- It is understood by the Customer that the Additional Cards are issued with the same remaining validity period for the Primary Card and/ or as determined by the Bank in this regard.
11- It is understood by the Customer that in the case of cancellation of the Primary Card, the Bank may cancel the Additional Card(s) on the account as may be determined by the Bank
12- It is understood by the Customer that the Bank shall have the right to cancel, suspend or stop any of its additional Cards at its sole discretion and without giving reasons.
13- It is understood by the Customer that the Bank shall have the right to amend the fees and commissions relating to the issuance, renewal or use of the Additional Card at its sole discretion.
14- It is understood by the Customer that all terms and conditions of the Debit Card shall apply to the Additional Card which shall be seen and approved in advance.
15- Any notice by the Customer of the loss of the Card, or the PIN or the request for stopping the service must be urgent and immediately made after occurrence of the reason for this. Such notice shall state the circumstances under which the loss or theft of the Card or the reason for stopping the service has taken place. The Customer shall be released of any responsibility as of the moment he/she/it has notified the Bank of such incident and the Bank may, without being bound to, accept a verbal notification coming through the Call Center as well as through the Web Site of the Bank by means of entering his/her/its name and password, and the Bank shall bear no responsibility regarding any actions the Security Organs may take in case they have been notified of the incident.
16- The Customer acknowledges that the reports extracted from the ATM system and Points of Sale shall be deemed evidence acceptable to prove that deposits, withdrawals and transactions have taken place, and they shall be the sole reference for proof between the Customer and the Bank.
17- The Customer shall bear any mistake/error that may occur as a result of his/her/itsdepositing / transferring any amount in error from his account to the accounts of other people.
18- If there is any discrepancy between the amount that was debited upon the cash withdrawal and the amount actually received by the Customer or if the Customer has not received any amount, the Customer must notify the Bank in writing at the next business day at the latest or through the Call Center or through Online Banking, otherwise the Bank shall not be liable to the Customer for any discrepancies, and the inventory conducted by the Bank shall be the only reference in judging the validity of the Customer’s claim of shortage.
19- The data appearing on the ATM screen shall be deemed part of the terms of the transacting, and the Bank’s word for them shall be regarded as an acceptable evidence to prove these terms.
20- It is understood and agreed that in case the customer makes any online transactions using his card that he is responsible for these transactions and the bank shall not be held responsible for any misuse, with the customers knowledge or without or because of his negligence or electronic piracy or any use that led to any debit on the customer’s account.
Terms and Conditions for Issuance of Debit Cards for Minors Accounts:
1- The Bank may issue a Debit Card to the accounts of the minor under guardianship.
2- The guardian undertakes to use the Card in accordance with the minor’s interest whether in withdrawals, deposits or transfers, or in conducting any Banking transaction by means of it.
3- The Debit Card shall under no circumstances be issued for trusteeship accounts.
4- The Debit Card of the minor’s accounts shall automatically be stopped when the minor reaches the legal age and according to the applicable laws without reference to the guardian (parent).
5- The guardian (parent) undertakes to protect and keep safe the Debit Card and the PIN and shall acknowledge the correctness of the balances, statements and notices issued by the Bank.
6- No additional Card may be issued against the minor’s account (except the Card issued to the guardian).
7- In the event of death of the minor (God forbid), the guardian must notify the Bank directly and all electronic services granted to this account shall be suspended.
8- The guardian undertakes to sign an acknowledgement of the correctness of the balances and the actions taken by him/her/it during his/her/its period of guardianship for the account when the minor reaches the legal age.
Terms and Conditions for the Card-less Service on the ATM:
1- The Card-less Service: It is a service provided by the Bank to holders of the Debit Cards and allows them the ability to complete the financial transactions provided through ATM without using the Debit Card. This is done by entering the mobile phone number of the Customer along with making sure that it is identical to the Customer’s number registered at the Banking system, and the Customer is provided with a One-Time- Password (OTP) that the Customer is required to enter so as to be able to activate and use the service.
2- Authorized Mobile Number: it is the mobile phone number provided by the Customer and installed on the Banking System.
3- One-Time- Password number: It is a number created randomly by the System and sent to the Customer on his/her/its authorized phone number so that financial transaction is completed via the ATM. This number is designated just for the same transaction and cannot be used to perform another transaction, and this number shall be valid for only (15) minutes.
1- It is understood by the Customer that he/she/it can use the Service directly via the new application of Ahli Mobile.
2- The Customer understands that Jordan Ahli Bank shall not be liable under any circumstances for any losses that may occur to the Customer that may be due to an error in the Customer’s mobile number installed on the Banking System of the Bank.
3- The Customer understands that Jordan Ahli Bank shall not be liable under any circumstances for any losses that may occur to the Customer as a result of misuse of the service, which may occur as a result of (providing the Bank with a wrong mobile number, sharing the OTP number with other persons, sharing the Customer’s mobile phone with other persons, etc.)
4- In the event of a loss of the mobile phone with the mobile number on which the service has activated, the Customer must immediately contact the Direct Call Center at number +96265007777.
5- It is understood by the Customer that if suspicious transactions occur on his account, he/she/it must immediately contact the Direct Call Center at number +962 6 5007777.
6- Jordan Ahli Bank shall not be responsible under any circumstances for any loss caused to the Customer as a result of not receiving the One-Time- Password number at his/her/its mobile number due to any technical error that may occur in the network or the presence of anything in the Customer’s mobile that prevents it from reaching the mobile of the Customer himself.
7- The Customer acknowledges that when activating the Service, he/she/it shall hold the Bank harmless of any responsibility or liability for transactions made on the account of this type, as he/she/it has activated the Service voluntarily and has confirmed that the mobile number installed on the Banking System of the Bank is correct and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Service.
8- The One-Time – Password number shall be valid for 15 minutes only as of the time of confirmation of sending it on the ATM screen and it can never be used after that at all.
9- Jordan Ahli Bank shall not be responsible under any circumstances for any losses that may occur to the Customer that may result from the authorization by the Customer to another person to complete the Card-less withdrawal transaction instead of him/her/it.
10- It is understood by the Customer that when he/she/it activates the Service, he/she/it shall be authorized to perform all financial and non-financial transactions available via the ATM and all accounts linked to the Card.
11- The Bank shall have the right to make any amendments, additions or changes to these terms and conditions or to any single item of them, without the Customer having the right to object to them, and without the need of the Bank to notify such changes or modifications, and shall be binding on the Customer as of the moment of execution thereof, and shall be considered as an integral part of the other terms and conditions contained in these provisions, that is if any of the terms and conditions of the party that the Card holds its trademark such as Visa or Master Card have been modified.
12- The Bank grants the Customer the possibility of discontinuing the service for any reason through the Direct Call Center that operates 24/7 at number +962 6 5007777 or via the Ahli Mobile application
Accounts Opening Terms and Conditions:
(for individuals only)
The hereunder stated terms and conditions shall constitute a complementary part to the account opening application form “The application” signed by the applicant “The Customer” for the purpose of opening an Account “The account” with any of Jordan Ahli Bank Branches in Jordan “The Bank”.
The Signature on the application shall constitute a full declaration that the Customer has reviewed, comprehended and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Thefollowing Words and phrases as provided in this application shall have the same meaningascribed to them hereunder unless the context indicates otherwise:
- Bank: Jordan Ahli Bank or any of its branches.
- AccountHolder, Client, and Customer:Any natural or juridical person(s) who deals with the Bank as per the account types mentioned in this application, and who signs this form and the application foraccount opening.
- Account:The account opened withthe bank in local or foreign currency, whether interest bearing or non-interest interestbearing.
- Expenses:All stamp duties, all post, telephone, telegraph, telex, transportation and travel and notification charges ,foreign exchange differences,collection fees and commissions and all banking costs and commissions , fees (Including legal and expert’s fees)and any other fee the Bank may incur as a result of litigation and arbitration, the enforcement of judgments and securities.
- An Account number:Thebank shall assign a number for each account, whichshall be used by its holder on all the correspondences with the Bank in relation to said account, and for any withdrawal or deposit and other operations )from or into the account(.
- Electronic Services: The electronic services which the bank mentioned in these terms and conditions, renders to the customer.
General Conditions Applicable on all Accounts:
- Without The need to obtain the customer’s prior consent, thebank is authorized to charge any of the Customer’saccounts such out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred in connection herewith in the form of postage, fees duties interest, commissions, taxes, and stamp duties and other charges either these expenses are paid on the customer’s behalf of that the same incur or bear on behalf, orthosewhich result from any transaction.
- The bank is authorized to debit its dues to the customer’s account in regards to all types of commissions, discounted bills or letters of guaranteedissued or commercial and financial papers, promissory notes, bought securities, or others.In case of customer’sdefaultin his contractual obligations, and after the same being served with a notification on the address thereof as is in the records of the Bank, the Bank will at any time freeze or close anyaccount opened in the name of the customer with the bank and to request the customer to pay at first demand the amount of any debit balance along with accrued interest and other expenses regardless of any guarantees or securities given to the Bank linked to his account.
- The bank shall have full right to withhold all customer’s funds, securities, financial papers, deposited with the bank, as well as all credit balances, deposits and any other money of whatsoever nature kept for the customer by the bank, in present or in future, in whatever account or branch of the Bank in favor of the bank,who shall have the right to collect any amounts for which the customer is indebted. owes .such amounts shall be considered a security and guarantee for the repayment of any amount,interestand/orcosts expenses due for the bank as per its records with respect to theaccounts of the customer, and the Customer hereby waives his right to object against the same, whereby the bank’s records and books are conclusive, irrefutable evidence against the same.
- The customerirrevocably authorizes the Bankin his sole decision to debit the account and to dispose, according to its absolute discretion; of any withdrawals that take place with the knowledge of the customersuch as checks transfers or paymentorders or any other transfers without having sufficient funds to cover it inthe current account of the customer. By considering the customers deposits as guarantee,the customerauthorizes the bank to transfer the deposit(s) to cash collateral account(s)in return of banking facilities, and to settle on due dates without any notice or notification or any other legal action, and the customershall not have the right to revoke such authorization except upon the written consent of the bank.
- The customerspecimen signature as it appears on the bank’s special cardis consideredlegal and binding for any transaction with the bank and in case any applicationor order for payment of a cheque carried a different signature, the bank may, according to its absolute discretion, execute the transaction or refrain from the same, even if a letter or an affirmation from the customeris provided.
- The customer acknowledges that the bank’sbooks,records, statements and entries whether in ordinary orin electronic full and in all types and forms shall be considered correct, conclusive, and binding against him, and he shall not object against or contest the same in the future for whatever reason, unless the Bank receives from the customer a written objection theretowithin a period of (15) days from the date of sending such statement, notice,or else. The customer hereby finally and irrevocably waives his right of requiring the decisive oathto thebank’s Chairman of the Board of Directors,and or Members of the Board of Directors and or the General Manager, the Chief Executive Officer and/or any of the Employees of the bank, in respect of any proceedings that relates to the bank, whether civil or criminal, and for whatever reason.
- The customer shall accept cash deposits credited into the account by any third party unless the same submits a written requestto refusesuch deposits, and such request shall become effective the next working dayafter its submission.
- The bank shall accept objections against the honoring, encashment of any cheques ifa written and signed request to that effect was submitted by the Customer on the form accepted by the Bank, andin accordance with the provisions of the law.
- The Bank shall bear no responsibility in respect of any changes affected to the customer’s written cheques, with the spaces of which have been filled out by electronic, electric, or other typewriter.
- The customer shall not hold the Bank liable in case the customer requested that all correspondence and notifications be held in file and the bank so accepted, the customer shall waive his right to claim any damages, or invoke any liability that may result from the aforementioned, the customer acknowledges that the address provided to the Bank is the approved address for correspondence, and that such address is a valid address for receiving all correspondence addressed thereto in accordance with the provisions of Article 25 of the Regulations Governing Fair and Transparent Transactions with Clients No. 56/2012 and any amendment thereafter.
- The bank shall have the absolute right to off-set(conduct clearing)between the amounts deposited in the accounts of the customerreceivable and payable in any of the branches of the bank.In case such off-set was not made, the bank may debit interest to theoverdrawn accounts, and the customer hereby waives his right to object against not performing the off-set(clearing).
- In case of the customer having several obligations towards the bank either loans , overdraft ,credit cards or any other facility , the bank has the right to choose the account or the facility or loans to cover without any responsibility .which the
- The bank shall not be obliged to meet customer’s requests of foreign currency withdrawals from his foreign currency accounts unless such currency is available in the local market, provided that the maximum one- time withdrawal not to exceed the specified amount by the Bank. The customer is requested to give the bank a prior notice of at least two working days before the withdrawal date.
- The bank shall bear no responsibility in the event of any loss of cheques sent for collection by mail (whether local and/or foreign) and for reasons beyond bank’s control or power.
- The bank reserves the right to close or refuse the opening of any account without giving any reason ,And in case it became evident that any document or information provided by the customer was false, or that the customer’s name is listed on the blacklists, or upon the bank’s absolute discretion.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Bank shall bear no responsibility nor liability as a result of any diminution or devaluation in the value of funds credited to the account , or for the non-availability or transferability of such funds as a result of forfeiture, compulsory transfers, civil strife, exercise of military or usurping power or to any other cause to event of force majeure , national strike, national unrest, or emergency situations of whatever type of nature, so long as the same are beyond the control of the bank, in which case the bank, any of the branches, offices, and affiliates thereof, shall not be responsible for the consequences of the aforementioned on the accounts of the customer, this shall also include any judicial or administrative attachment applied by whatever entity, even if the Bank nor the customer were parties thereof, and whether the same was civil or criminal.
- The initial credit entries of cheques (available for collection or direct deposit) or any other instrumentspaid into the account will only become final upon due clearance and collection of the proceeds of such cheques and instruments, in case of non-clearance /non collection of any cheque/instrument , the bank will automatically cancel any entry made thereof in the account. the customer acknowledges that the bank’s records shall be consideredthe only conclusive final evidence of the balanceoftheCustomer in the account/accounts thereof, and the customerauthorize the bank to reverseany such entries made on the account in error,and he releases the bank rom any liability resulting therefrom, and the customer undertakes to notify the bank immediately upondiscovery of any error, the bank and to return any amounts erroneously withdrawn from the as soon as the error comes to his knowledge, and/or upon the bank first request and without an objectionthereto.
- The customerunconditionally agrees that all, monies, shares, bonds, securities bills documents, and other valuable assets and possessions whether held in his name by the bank as collateral or as deposits including the content of the safe deposits boxes, shall be considered security to guarantee the payments of any debit balance thereinas debtors and/or guarantors to the bank, regardless of how the ineptness was incurred or whether it is actual or potential. and whether in bank’s Jordan branches or overseas branches, and the customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorizes the bank to dispose of or sell assets at the price time and method it choses and to whomever it choses at its discretion without having to refer to him or notify him, serve hima notice or a warning, or else, and without the same having any right to object or appeal againstsuch measures.
- The customerirrevocably authorizes the Bank in the event of suspicion of money laundering transaction or any transaction might be considered illegal in respect to any of hisaccounts thereof with the bank, to refrain from executing any transaction on the account, freeze the account, take the due procedures, and notify the Central Bank accordingly.And the customerreleases the bank from any liability that may result from the stoppinganytransaction, whether withdrawal, deposit, transfers… or other on the account.
- Information and data acquired from the customer is subject to banking confidentiality and secrecy provisions.
- Thecustomershall not object to the Bank freezing or suspending any of theaccounts, or any monies / amounts received to his benefit from any source whatsoever.Anddebit the accounts of the customer with the operatingexpenses of administrating the account, being the cost of maintaining the account open onitsrecords, and the customer shall not have the right to object/appeal against.
- The account shall be considered frozen in the event of no movement to the account (no withdrawal from/ deposit into), and within the periods specified below from the date of the last withdrawal/ deposit.
- Six months for current and demand accounts.
- Two years for saving accounts.
- Three years for term deposit and notice accounts.
The periods stated above are subject to modification by the bank in case of any new regulations issued by Central Bank of Jordan.
23. A credit or debit transaction or the encashment of a check drawn therefrom shall not be enough to reactivate an account.
24. The customer understands that in case the balance of the account thereof remained under the minimum that the Bank specifies, or in case the accountwasfrozen, heauthorizes the bank, in any time the same deems appropriate, to charge such account with under minimum balance commissionand the operating expenses of administrating the account,( account open in the records of the Bank), and the same shall not object or appeal against the aforementioned.
25. The frozenaccount may only be activated upon the presenceof thecustomer in person, or the presence of an attorney thereof pursuant to a notarized power of attorney or an authorization approved by the bank torequestthereactivation of the account, and uponverifying the identity of the customer or the representative thereof, and the signature thereof on an acknowledgement of the accuracy of the account balance in the respectivedate, or inthe event of the customer’s presence in person, or any person representing the same depositing or withdrawing from the account.
26. The bank shall have the right at any time at its discretion and without disclosing its reasons to close the account In the event the balance becomes zero , the Customer, as per his free well,authorizes the Bank, at any time it deems appropriate, to close the account without showing any reason, and therefore, the customerreleases the Bank, after the accountis closed, from any duty to comply with any instructions he had issued regarding the account , whether in respect of suspended cheques, standingorders, and/or any other procedures even if the accountbecomes operative again for any different reasons, and without the Bank bearing any responsibility , liability as a result of such actions, and the customer hereby irrevocably waives in advance, any right that can be used against the Bank legal or otherwise, the Customer undertakes to return the checkbook(s) in his possession upon closing the account, and he irrevocably and absolutelyauthorizes the Bank to close the account and/or the Accounts with the bank in the event the account and/or the accounts were misused, such as, drawing a cheque against insufficient credit balance without the Bank bearing any responsibility of the aforementioned.
27. The customer understands that all deposits in and withdrawals from the accounts in foreigncurrencies, as well as the expenses and interests relevant thereto is subject to the instructionsof the Central Bank, and/or the administrative instructions applicable within the bank.
28. In the event of customer’s death, no creditinterest will be credited into the account, according to the type of the account, and the current account will be closed.
29. A- The customer (s) accept(s) that the bank will notify the Central Bank and/or any Entity the same approves, and/or all the Entities that the Bank have the right to notify in accordance with the banking Laws and the return cheques credit transactions law which refers to handling of returned checks withdrawn by the customer/customers from any of their accounts with the bank and which are returned for whatever reason, and applying on customers all the instructions of the Returned Cheques Unit of the Central Bank of Jordan and the Bank shall not bear any responsibility resulting from the aforementioned.
B -The customer shall have the right to authorize others using a banking authorization letter approved by the Bank or by a notarized power of attorney that should be approved by the legal department within the bank to verify the accuracy and the validity thereof, and the authorized body shall exercise all the privileges of the original account holder within the scope of the authorization or the power or attorney, and in the event such authorization is terminated, the Bank shall be notified of the fact in writing and/or by fax or by electronic services, or in person, and the Bank shall, as per its absolute discretion, accepts to cash cheques and other instruments signed under the previous authorization in the event cheques and other instruments had dates prior to the new instructions date, and are submitted after the new instructions were effected.
30. The customer shall notify the bank with any changes taking place in the names of the authorized signatory(ices) of the account and/or the accounts with the bank, the conditions of their authorization, or any change in the scope of their authorities or any changes that may affect the type or the legal status of the company, changes in the objectives or capital and in general any changes that affect the legal position of the company as soon as such change take place , provided that the bank shall not be responsible for such changes except from the date the same receives a letter from the customer informing of the change, and the bank shall have the right to encash any cheque or payment orders in case the same carried a prior date or were submitted to the bank prior to the date of the change in the authorized persons.
31. The bank is entitled to reject or refuse any power of attorney in the event it was issued or organized in a date beyond a specific period determined by the bank’s bylaws and regulations.
32. The customer hereby authorizes the bank to inquire about him through the Returned Cheques Units within the Central Bank of Jordan and/or any other Bank or any Credit Information Company, and he releases the bank from any liability that may result from the aforementioned.
33. We agree that these General Terms and Conditions shall apply to all accounts whether opened at the time of signing this form or at a later or prior date.
34. The address as indicated on this application form shall be the only valid one. We declare and agree that any communications or notices sent to us (including judicial notices ) on the mentioned address in relation to the account shall be deemed notified to and received by us upon posting and shall constitute conclusive evidence against us .The Bank shall be under neither the obligation nor bear any responsibility resulting from any delay or loss of post to our address ,We waive unconditionally and irrevocable our right in raising any contestation in this respect including the invalidation of notification ,before any concerned party .
35. We undertake to notify the Bank in writing of any change in our address otherwise the address provided herein shall be the legal and valid one on all banking correspondences as mentioned in these Terms and Conditions including judicial notifications.
36. The customer authorizes the Bank, as per its discretion, to overdraw the account, and to charge his account with accrued interest. and authorizes the same to charge his account with the amount of any Bill promissory notes,Cheques or other documents whether on a collection basis or otherwise , and to credit the account with other balances available from other account opened in the name of the customer with the bank or with any other branch thereof as a cover to all the customer’s liabilities to the Bank , The balance of the account or any other account of the customer will not be paid to him until the full settlement of his accounts . And the Bank shall have the right to off-set the balances of all the accounts opened in the name of the customer with the Bank, including the accounts open in any other currency. Overdrawing of the account, shall not be considered as an overdraft facility but an easing to him that he is shall be obliged to repay within a period of no more than thirty days from the date of any overdraft.
37. In the event the Customer received any banking facilities of whatever nature, and in case of nonpayment, the bank shall transferamounts to the cash collateral account from clients deposits accounts, in order to insure the payment of the granted loan, and the Customer fully authorizes the bank to charge his account with any amounts due on the customer in addition to the debit interest and any other expenses after claiming any dues against the Bank; such obligations shall be off set against the cash amounts seized in the cash collateral Account in return of banking facilities without referring to the customer and without the need to give any notice or any other prerequisites, and the customer shall not have the right to object against such measure, being a legal measure for which the same has given prior approval, and the customer acknowledges that the cash collateral account is an internal account of the bank, of which the same may not dispose of, and the same is for the order, and in the name of the bank and/or in the name of the bank/and the name of the customer.
38. The bank has the right to close or suspend or freeze the account in case the bank ask for customer’s data updating and the customer refuses or does not respond within the period determined by the bank .
39. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and in the event of any claim or dispute arising from the relationship between the Bank and its Customer or otherwise shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Court of Amman, Palace of justice in any claim from the side of the customer against the bank, or from the side of the Bank against the customer; and the bank may, upon its absolute discretion, recourse to any court inside or outside the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan if it so desires, with regard to the place of residence of the customer, the relevant branch, or the place where monies of the customer exists, and the customer shall bear all the fees, legal expenses, and attorney fees in case the Bank raised a lawsuit of any claim relevant to the account and the customer hereby irrevocably authorize the bank to charge the same on the account of the customer.
40. The bank shall abide by the provisions of the Temporary Law on Governmental appropriation of lapsed monies No. 35 of the year 85 and its amendments or replacements.
41. Customers’ Complaint Resolution Unit shall be considered the sole reference for reviewing and processing the complaints of the customer, and in case of any complaint, the customer may contact the Unit though various communications means, whether through visiting in person the Unit’s office, or through paper or electronic mailing services.
42. The Terms and Conditions of Opening Accounts are made in both Arabic and English languages, and in case of any divergence the Arabic version shall prevail.
Declaration Regarding Standing instructions orders:-
- I/we understand that if there are insufficient funds my/our account (Auto pay out only) on a pre-specified number of occasions as advised by the Bank, the bank may terminate my/ our instructions.
- I/we understand that any fees/charges levied (including any commission, postage or stamp duty) and shall be debit to my/our mentioned account without any objection from my/our side.
- I/ we understand that the Bank shall bear no responsibility for any loss or delay that may occur in the transfer ,transmission and/ or applications of funds or(in the case of remittance by telegraphic transfers )for any error omission or falsification which may occur in the transmission of any message or for its misinterpretation when received and I/We agree to indemnify the bank against any action ,proceedings, claims and /or demands that may arise in connection with such loss delay error , omission , falsification or misinterpretation
43. The customer renounces his right in bank confidentiality act and authorizes the bank to assert any information or documents requested by any authority inside or outside Jordan or requested by transaction or services natureprovided by the bank or requested by the customer, and also the customer authorizes the bank to exchange information or documentswith other banksor if it was needed by the AML regulations adopted locally or internationally.
44. The account of the individual institutionsowned by individuals is considered the same as accounts opened by the owners of these individual institutions and the authorization issued by the owners of these institutions will be consider binding on their personal accounts as well as their individual institutions accounts.
45. The customer will take full responsibility of any occurring risk In the event he accepts to send instructions to conduct transactions using Fax or Telex or Phone or E-Mail, and the bank shall bear no responsibility for any occurring risk resulting in acting on customers request sent by any of the above mentioned means.
46. The customer undertakes to provide the bank with all requested documents and within the specified period of timeset by the bank otherwise the bank has the right to close all customers’ accounts.
47. The terms and conditions of opening accounts are made in both Arabic and English languages, and in case of any divergence the Arabic version shall prevail.
Current Account Terms and Conditions:-
- No credit interest shall be paid on credit balance unless otherwise agreed.
- The customer authorizes the Bank, as per its discretion, to overdraw the account, and to charge his account with accrued interest. and authorizes the same to charge his account with the amount of any Bill promissory notes,Cheques or other documents whether on a collection basis or otherwise , and to credit the account with other balances available from other account opened in the name of the customer with the bank or with any other branch thereof as a cover to all the customer’s liabilities to the Bank , The balance of the account or any other account of the customer will not be paid to him until the full settlement of his accounts . And the Bank shall have the right to off-set the balances of all the accounts opened in the name of the customer with the Bank, including the accounts open in any other currency. Overdrawing of the account, shall not be considered as an overdraft facility but an easing to him that he is shall be obliged to repay within a period of no more than thirty days from the date of any overdraft.
- The customer agrees not to withdraw from the account except by cheques provided to him by the bank and on the forms approved by the bank, and the bank may without any responsibility thereon refuse the encashment of all other any cheque ,and the customer shall undertake to safe keep his cheques book, and shall be liable for any loss or damage resulting from its misuse by theft , fraud or mistake or by loss mail from date of dispatch and undertakes to inform the bank in case of loss or theft.
- Checkbooks may only be issued for current accounts
- the customer undertake to keep received checkbooks upon his request and the approval of the bank, in safe custody, and to notify the bank in writing within 24 hours in the event of loss or theft or forgery., and in all events, the customer releases the Bank from any liability arising therefrom and/or from forgery and/or from dispatching the same by post.
- The Bank shall bounce (return) overdrawn (uncovered) cheques, and shall have the right to notify the Central Bank of Jordan with that fact in case the cheque was not settled within a period of 15 days from the date it was returned, in which case the name of the Customer will appear on the list of Customers with returned cheques maintained by the Central Bank of Jordan and commission will be charged to the client’s account without referring to the customer, noting that article 421 of the Law penal code No. 9 of the year 1988 states the following:-
person, who commits any of the following in bad faith shall be penalized with imprisonment for a period from one to three years, and with a fine between one hundred and two hundred dinars:-
– Issuing a cheque with no matching or dispensable balance is available.
– Retrieving, after the issuance of the cheque the balance equivalent to the amount thereof in full or in part, so that the available amount is not sufficient for the encashment thereof.
– Order by the drawer not to encash the cheque.
– Endorsing or providing the beneficiary with a cheque payable to the bearer, while knowing that in the account exists no sufficient funds that correspond to the full value thereof, or while the issuer knows that the same is not cashable.
-Issuing or signing on a cheque in a manner that prevents the encashment thereof.
7. The balance of the account may not fall below the minimum agreed on with the customer, and as provided in the Granting Terms, in which case the bank shall not be obliged to accept any instructions or allow any transaction in respect to the account if such would result in the account falling below the mentioned minimum, which shall result in debiting clients account with fees for not keeping the minimum balance.
8. In case the customer’s account is overdrawndebt interest will be calculated on the overdrawn balance.
9. The bank shall execute all the instructions issued by the customer unless instructed otherwise, and shall refuse the execution of unclear and incomplete instructions provided that the customer is notified of that fact.
10. The client acknowledges that in case of issuing a cheque with a postponed date and this cheque was presented to the bank on a date prior to the date stated in the cheque even if it is stated on the cheque that the cheque will be honored on this specific date or not, the bank will honor the cheque if there is an equivalent balance or return it if there was no sufficient funds.
11. Customer’s denunciation to owner payment of cheques drawn on his accountwill not be acceptedunless the bank was notified in writingofcustomer’s denunciation before these cheques were presented for incashment or deposit
12. The bank has the right to close customer’s current account in the event of having three or more cheques returned for no sufficient or existing balance, and to apply the CBJ’s Requlations of the Returned Cheques Unit.
Demand deposits Accounts Terms and Conditions: –
1- The balance of the account may not fall below the minimum specified by the Bank from time to time in regard to the Accounts deriving interest, in case the balance went below the mentioned minimum, no credit interestwill be credited to the Account.
2- The daily free balance of the account shall derive a creditinterest and as per the published interest ratetable.
3- The bank shall not issue for the customer a checkbook on this account, and the customer may not issue any checks or payment orders on such account, noting that the bank shall not be obliged to dispense amounts form the demand deposit account except in the presence of the customer.
‘Term Deposits Terms and Conditions:-
- The customercannot withdraw any amount before the due date(maturity).
- At maturity, the Bank has the option of either to renew the deposit term for an equal period (extend the principle of the deposit for another equal term)as per the prevailing price at that time or to transfer the principal to the Customer’scurrentaccount.
- In urgent cases weretheBank approvesfor thecustomerto withdraw from the term deposit in part or in full before the maturitydate and in such cases the Instructions of Interests on deposits and facilities no. (14/2002) dated 15/12/2002 issued by the CentralBank of Jordan will apply , which specifies penalty and interest calculation in accordance with the following formula:
(PrincipalXAgreed Upon InterestRateX Period) – (Withdrawn amount X the maximum rate quoted on the withdrawal date for an equal period deposit plus 2% X the no. of days remaining to maturity or in accordance with any other applicable formula at that time.
4. The Bank continues to calculate the intereston the deposit in accordancewith the contract signed with the Customer notwithstanding the precautionary verdict issued on the Account by a competent body.
5. The Balance of the account shall not fall below the agreed upon minimum, in which case the bank will not be obligated to credit interest to the account, and will charge fees to client’s account for failing to keep the minimum balance .
6. If the Bank receives an additional amount for deposit during the term deposit period, the bank will either accept to deposit the additional amount(s) to the Account or to open a subsidiary account that bears the prevailing interest rate at the time.
7. The customer undertakes to notify the bank in writing in case he is not willing to renew the term of the deposit account one week prior to the account the maturity date. Otherwise he authorizes the Bank to renew the term of thedeposit account for an additional equal period(second term) as per the prevailing rates and conditions at the time of the renewal, and subject to the pertinent administrative regulations applicable by the bank in this regard.
8. The customer under all circumstances accepts the binding agreement, not to request that the deposit be liquidated before maturity date nor to withdraw therefrom before maturity, in case the customer requests that the deposit be liquidated or withdraws amounts therefrom, and the bank approves such request, the customer’s right in the interest resulting from the withdrawn amount shall be fully forfeited between the date the deposit was held and the withdrawal date.
9. The customer undertakes to withdraw and deposit in the currency of the account, and the customer shall not object, in case the bank was unable to execute the withdrawals of the customer in the currency of the account, and in that case the customer will execute the withdrawal in a different foreign currency, or, if not possible, in the local currency, and as per the exchange rate at the time of withdrawal.
10. In the event of Customer’s death, the calculation of interest shall continue until the end of the term, and in the event the bank renewed the term deposit for another equal period after the death of the Customer, and without the Bank being officially notified of the death, the Bank may reverse the interest paid and retrieve the amount (of interest paid) from the date of renewal which started after the first term which ended after the death of the client.
Saving Account Terms and Conditions:-
1. The balance of the account shall not fall below the minimum specified by the bank for interest calculation purposes; otherwise no interest will be credited to the account.
2. the customer shall have the choice whether to have credit interest paid or not to his (saving account) by stating:-
- with interest
- or without interest
3. The calculation of Interestwill apply to the minimummonthlyaccountbalance, and in the event the account was closed before the agreed upon term, the interest calculation will be on the minimum monthly account balance of the preceding month and will becreditedon closure date.
4. The customerauthorizes the Bank in advance, in the event of him winning a prize from the Saving Accounts Prizes, to announcethrough all available media the winners names and account numbers, and to permit the use of personal photographs, and to conduct personal televised interviews with him and to broadcast it, thecustomer acknowledges that the prize is to be paid in accordance with the pertinent regulations applicable by the bank.
5. In the event the customer (beneficiary of the prize) is a minor, the value of the cash prize will be credited to hisaccount,and the legal guardian and or custodian may withdraw the amount of the prize and within the scope of the authority granted thereto as per the certificate of guardianship or custody, the father shall be considered a guardian by law anddoes not require to provide guardianship certificate .And in case the prize is an (in kind award) , the same shall be presented to the minor in person and in the presence of the guardian thereof \or legal guardian and\ or custodian.
6. In the event of the customer (Winner of a prize) not claiming the prize within 9 months from the date the announcement was made the prize shall be cancelled and the winner shall not have the right to claim it or claim the value thereof from the bank.
7. Inthe event of customer’s death (beneficiary) before the drawdate, and Bank was not notified of the fact at the time, the deceased beneficiary shall not be eligible to receive the prize.Andin the event of customer’s death (beneficiary) after the draw date, the prize shall be presented to his legal heirs and shall be distributed as per the instructions applicable by the Bank.
8. No employee of Jordan Ahli Bank can be a beneficiary of a prize (Winner of a Prize) from any of the Saving Accounts Prizes.
9. The customer acknowledges the right of the bank to suspend the prizes program or to amend the value, frequency, and type thereof as per its sole discretion and without referring to or notifying the customer.
10. In the event of customer’s death, the calculation of credit interest on saving accounts shall be suspended
Premium Account Terms and Conditions:-
- The Bank has the right to change the classification of the premium client’saccount into an ordinary accountin the event the agreed on balance was not maintained and thebalance of the premium Account fell below the agreed on amount as per the premium classification terms and related service fees, in which case the account shall be charged fees on monthly basis and without referring to the customer.
- The Bank shall not be responsible for the services provided by other parties the bank contracts with to provide (travel, insurance services, discounts) pertaining to premiumaccounts.
- Annual feeswill be charged to all customers’ classification as premium customers annually after the first year of classification, and will continue as long as the customer is classification as premium customer.
- All Ahli Bank employees are not entitled to benefit from this service even if the service conditions apply to them.
- The Premium customers Children holdingMandate and Custody accounts will be issued DebitCards on their accounts enabling them only to deposit cash and inquire on their accounts through Automatic Teller Machines.
Conditions for minors’ Accounts, mandate and Custody and for the benefit of:
A-For the Benefit Of Accounts:
- Is an account opened by a person in his/her personal name for the benefit of a minor or any other person, the customer understands that such account is a personal account and having it for the benefit of is for regulatory purposes only and will not provide the beneficiary any mandate and/or authorityover the account. No relation of kinship, trusteeship, or guardianship is required, and in the event the account was for the benefit of a minor, the accountowner may sign a letterassigning the credit balance of the accountto the minorupon reachingmajor. Andthecustomer may cancel this letterat any time he deems appropriate.
- The beneficiary (to whose benefit the account is opened for) cannot withdraw from the account any amounts, nor has hethe right to claim any amount that was deposited or withdrawn from the account by the accountOwner.
- In the event theaccount was opened for the benefit of a minor, the he turned major, and an assignmentwas made for his benefit, the minor (now major)has to open a newaccount to transfer the balance thereof, and/or the same may withdraw the whole balance in cash inthe event he was not willing to open a new account to fulfill the above indicated assignment, unless such assignment was cancelled by the account owner.
- The account Owner will be subject to all blacklists andAML checkingandrequirements.
- In the event of receiving a judicialattachment on the accountowner, the Bankwillblock the account.
- In the event of Account Owner’s death, the accountwill go to the legal heirs and in accordance to the procedures applicable by the bank, and in case any prize is won, the same shall be credited to the opened account and the same shall be eligible thereof.
- For Current Accounts Opened forthe benefit of thebank willissue checkbooksfor and the customer may issuecheques or payment orders from thataccount.
B- Mandate Accounts:
- Mandate accounts are opened in the name of the minor under the mandate of his father/grandfather, whereby the guardian is able to perform withdrawal and deposit transactions.
- The Minor has no right to withdraw any monies before the same is of legal age, and he has no right to claim any amounts deposited in the account or withdrawn from the account by the guardian.
- Mandate over the account of the minor shall end when the minor becomes major,( is of legal age) (18) years, at which point the right of the guardian to the account will be seized, and the credit balance of the account will go to the minor upon the same reaching the legal age.
- No Checkbooks, cheques, payment orders will be issued for mandate current accounts.
- Upon opening an account for a minor, guardian information and documents shall be required.
C-Trusteeship (Custody )Accounts:
- Accounts in the name of a minor may be opened by the legal trustee after submitting the trusteeship deed as provided by the specialized Court, specifying clearly the authoritiesgiven to the trusteeto withdrawing from the minor account.
- Upon opening an accountfor aminor, trustee information and documents shall be required.
- Custody over the account of the minor shall end when the minor becomes major,( is of legal age) (18) years, at which point the right of the custodian to the account will be seized . A custody account for an adult may be opened as per the Interdiction Certificate issued by the court, as a result of him being incapacitated, and the account will remain under the custody until a new certificate was issued by the court in this regard.
- No Checkbooks, cheques, payment orders will be issued for custody current accounts.
Special Conditions for Joint Accounts:
- Joint Accounts are opened for any natural person(s) (of legal age), and the account is jointly owned by more than one person. And no Joint Accounts are opened for minors.
- Signature Authority for joint accounts is set in accordance to the joint owners’ agreement as indicated in the account opening application (whether jointly or severally).
- Amendment to Joint Accounts requests the approval of all (joint owners), unless the amendment was to change signature (specimen signature) of one of the owners.
- No joint accounts will be opened in the event of having one of the partners name listed on the blacklists.
- The balance of the joint account is owned equally by the joint owners of the account unless otherwise agreed on in writing.
- All the parties (owners of a joint account) are jointly and severally responsible to settle the debt balance of the account and any facilities granted thereto, whether as a result of a current account overdrawn, or an overdraft account, or discounted promissory notes, letters of credit, guarantees, or any other facilities they are committed to pay.
- In the event of the death of one of the joint account owners, the account shall be suspended, and the balance shall be equally divided between the partner, the share of the deceased party shall be withheld as being due for his legal heirs, and the account shall be disposed of in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and the share/shares of the other parties shall be transferred to their accounts. The Bank will not be responsible for any loss resulting from transactions or withdrawals done on the account, in the event of not notifying the bank in writing accompanied with legal documents of the insolvency and or bankruptcy and or the death of any of the owners of the joint account.
- All joint account owners bear the responsibility in the event of not notifying the bank upon the death of any of the owners and/or for the resulting negligence, and they release the bank from any responsibility for the withdrawals done after the death of one of the owners and before the bank was notified.
- Amounts deposited or credited in the account belongs to all the joint owners, and all withdrawn or disposed amounts through cheques, payment orders or any other banking transaction must be signed by the authorized signatory/signatories of the account.
- Joint Accounts may be closed upon the request of any of the partners (owners) unless the owners agree otherwise.
- The owners of the joint account understand that drawing a cheque from this account with no sufficient balance and the return thereof for whatever reason will result in the drawer’s liability of the crime of issuing an uncovered cheque as per the provision of Article 421 of the penal code or any of its future amendments, and the bank will not be held responsible for any penal complaint submitted against the joint owners , notwithstanding the decision of the criminal court, whether convicted, innocent, or non-liable, whether the joint owners actually signed on the cheque or not, and the joint owners are civilly liable for any cheque drawn on the account even if the cheque was not signed by them or they were not authorized to sign. If a cheque was returned the bank will report the names of all the parties of the joint account as per the instructions of the Central Bank of Jordan /returned checks Unit, and their names will appear on the blacklist.
- The joint account balanceshall not be blocked or used as cash collateral in guarantee for obtaining facilities to any of the account owners(loans or credit cards or overdraft or any other facility either direct or indirect) except with the approval of all the parties to the joint accountregardless of signature authorization on the account.
- In the event of an administrative or judicial attachment on any of the parties of a joint account, the following will apply:-
A. Closing of the Account.
B. Opening individual accounts in the name of the parties and the parties shall authorize the bank to open such accounts without the need to acquire the signatures thereof, and all the terms and conditions herein shall apply to such accounts. The partners understand that signing on the joint account application is considered as authorization to the bank to open individual accounts in the name of the parties in case of an attachment was made on any of the parties account.
C. The share of the partner shall be seized and the remaining balance shall be divided amongst the other account partners.
D. The bank has the right to return any cheque submittedthereto after the issuance of the attachment even if the same was not signed by the person subject tothe attachment, and the date thereof was prior or subsequent to the date of theattachment.
E. In the event monies are credited to the joint account after the submission of the attachment, the same shall be divided amongst the individual accounts including the account of the person subject to attachment.
F. This clause shall also apply if any partner is willing to close or withdraw from the account or his death.
G.The bank has the right tosettleany amounts requested from any of the partnersfrom his share in the joint account.
Conditions and Instructionsfor Subscription to Electronic Banking Services) Ahli online, Ahli phone, Ahli SMS. Ahli mobile.debit cards)
- The Customer waives any right of recourse against the bank of any liability resulting from any lose or damage that may be inflicted upon him/her as a result of his /her adherence to these Conditions and Instructions, or as a result of his/her abuse of the Service without clarifying reasons.
- The Bank has the right to -without giving any reasons and without being held liable – reject the Customer’s request for subscription to the Service.
- In case the Bank approves the Customer’s request to subscribe to the Service, the Bank shall provide the Customer with an identification code (Customer ID), as well as a sealed envelope containing the Customer’s PIN Code
- Immediately after receiving the items mentioned in Paragraph (3) above, the Customer shall make sure that the envelope is tightly sealed; if otherwise, the Customer should immediately report the case to the branch, which handles his/her account(s). This also applies in case of the envelope containing the Pin Code has been lost or stolen before use. Furthermore, the Bank shall not be held liable in case customer did not comply with the afore-mentioned procedures, the Customer solely shall be held liable for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her ID and PIN Code.
- The Customer confirms that all transactions concluded thorough his/her ID and PIN Code have been carried out by himself/herself and that, when used as evidence, such transactions shall have the power of official documents. The Customer also confirms that the Bank shall not be held responsible as a result of any transaction concluded through this Service, irrespective of its type or source, as long as the transaction has been duly executed in accordance with the Conditions and the Customer ID.
- In case the Pin Code has been entered erroneously three consecutive times in trying to access the Ahli Online service and Ahli Mobile service, and five consecutive times in trying to access the SMS service, the relevant service will be suspended temporarily. The Customer should then refer to his/her Branch in order to reactivate the service.
- In case the Customer finds out that his/her ID and PIN Code have been detected by any other person, he/she shall immediately inform the Bank in writing. Moreover, the Customer shall be held liable for all the transactions concluded through his/her ID and PIN Code up to the end of business day that follows the day of receiving the Customer’s written notification.
- No Electronic Services will be granted to all Types of( Minor , Custody ,Interdiction),account or if the customer was illiterate of blind .
- The Bank shall not be held liable for any losses sustained by the Customer or any other party and resulting from entering the debited / credited account numbers erroneously by the Customer. The Customer alone shall be held liable for verifying the account numbers and the customer indemnify and hold the Bank harmless of any liability resulting there from.
- The Customer agrees to accept deposits and money transfers credited to the account by a third party unless he/she submits a written request rejecting such deposits or transfers.
- The Bank shall not be held liable for any damages sustained by the Customer and resulting from failure of communication networks or weak transmission / reception. Furthermore, the Bank shall not be held liable for any deliberate damage caused by piracy acts against the Customer’s computer.
- The Bank may, without giving reasons or prior notice, temporarily suspend, and / or deny, or cancel the Service.
- The Bank may, at any time and without prior notice, amend or change the Conditions and Instructions related to the Service. The Bank may also add, and / or change, and / or cancel any of the services provided as part of this Service or the software used therein.
- In case the Customer requests a cheque book through the Service, the Bank may approve or reject the request. In case of approval, the Customer shall authorize the Bank to debit the fees to his / her account(s). The Customer shall then refer to his / her branch to duly receive the cheque book.
- The Customer shall be committed not to exceed the daily limit of money transfers or the actual balance available in his / her accounts as per the Bank’s instructions to this effect; otherwise, the transfer request shall be considered nullified without any liability on the Bank resulting of non-execution of the transfer.
- The process of sending notices about the operations carried out by electronic means governed by the laws and regulations in force, while the Customer cannot cancel an order issued through the Service. Such transactions shall be regarded as having been actually executed with the approval of the Customer.
- It is understood to the Customer that this subscription includes all sub services provided by the bank, and if the Customer is willing not to use or cancel any of the services a written request should be submitted of to the bank.
- Customer acknowledges that sending the text message is considered a legal notification to him / her about the transactions on his account(s), in case of sending a text message the bank shall not be liable to inform the customer of the transaction by a written notice. Furthermore sending the message from the bank would be considered as a final binding notification ,the Customer and waives any right of objection concerning but not limited to the non-delivered l messages for any reason whatsoever such as the phone was switched off / or disconnected and / or disabled and / or not read by him.
- In case of a joint account, where account holders wish to access Electronic Service, the following Conditions shall be required:
A) If only one person is authorized as signatory of the joint account, he / she shall approve subscription to this Service.
B)If the account is managed by more than one personjointly, they shall all sign the application for subscription to the Service and the PIN Code shall be issued and given to one of them up on written and signed authorization from allauthorized persons admitting this request; any transaction carried out by using the PIN Code shall be considered as valid and approved by the account holders, who may not countermand or object the said transaction.
C)If the account is managed by more than one personjointly and /or severally, any of the severally authorized signatories may apply for subscription to this service and may receive the PIN Code, in which case the other partners shall be considered as having implicitly agreed to the subscription.
20. If the account was a corporate account and an order to access electronic services was received, the following Conditions shall be observed:-
A. If only one person is authorized as signatory of the Company account, he / she shall approve subscription to this Service.
B. If the account is managed by more than one person administratively and financially jointly and /or severally, they shall all sign the application for subscriptionto the Service and the PIN Code shall be issued and given to one of them up on written signed authorization from all authorized persons admitting that; any transaction carried out by using the PIN Code shall be considered as valid and approved by the account holders, who may not countermand or object the said transaction.
21. The Customer concedes that the Bank’s entries and records are correct and shall be regarded as irrefutable and binding evidence, which may not be appealed or opposed. Furthermore, the Customer shall waive his / her right to request the Bank to undertake a “decisive oath”, and /or produce its books and accounts before any court, and / or request an accounting expert opinion on the matter.
22. The customer acknowledges that all types of electronic transactions relevant to banking transactions are correct and accepted as an evidence against the Customer, and shall not be rebuttable in whatever mean, therefore the customer irrevocably and finally waive his right to appeal against or contest the same in future. however it shall be understood to the customer that electronic transactions, and, without limitation, data, texts, images, shapes, symbols, sounds, data bases, computer software, in addition to the process of electronic data exchange, which shall also include data message, electronic registry, electronic contract, and electronic signature, including the data processing system and fax, telex, electronic mail messages, and the customer accepts that the mere dispatch of the Customer of a data massage shall be considered a conclusive evidence of the Customer receipt thereof, and the same shall be considered effective against the same.
23. The bank shall not be obliged to issue any notifications of the executed transactions, and the customer cannot cancel any order through the service, and such transactions shall be considered made with the approval of the customer.
24. Suspension of banking services generally takes place manually form the customer in case a precautionary attachment was applied on the account
25. Electronic service shall not be issued for customers listed on the blacklists notwithstanding whether the opened account with us is for an individual, for individual institution, for a company, or for a juridical person.
26. The Customer acknowledges, in case an SMS is sent by the Bank in error, that the Bank shall not bear responsibility for damages or any other responsibility in such case.
27. The Bank shall not bear any liability in the event of suspension of or inconsistency of the service or accuracy of the data.
28. The bank has the right to stop any service (s) provided to the customer in the event of suspicion in the orders received or transactions conducted by the customer using his Card(s) or Internet or Phone Banking or any other manner of communications or in the event of suspicion of hacking provided the customer must be informed of the action .
29. The Customer authorizes the bank to debit any of his accounts with all fees, commissions resulting from using any of the electronic services.
30. SMS Alert service contains sending informative massages about services or products the bank offers or any other information the bank decides to send without any liability on his part to customer through his mobile phone.
Conditions for the issuance of debit cards
- A main debit card is issued in customer’s name (holder of the account) and or a sub card is issued upon customer’s request and in the name specified by him and the bank agrees to .in both cases the customer is solely responsible for all transactions done using the main or sub cards including safe keeping of the cards, pin numbers, or any losses that the bank may penalized resulting from misuse of cards or machines
- Debit cards shall be issued for Customers of current, saving, and demand accounts provided that the accounts are active.
- No debit cards of whatever nature may be issued for the Accounts of minors, whether trusteeship or mandate accounts, or to incapacitated, illiterate, or blind.
- Mentioned cards shall be manually suspended in case a precautionary attachment was applied into the account.
- No debit card may be issued for Customers listed on the blacklists whether the customer opening the account with us is an individual, individual institution, company, or juridical person.
- It’s understood to the client, the supplementary card enjoys the same privileges, authorities and conditions of the main card.
- It’s understood to the client, he or she acknowledges the validity of each financial transaction done on any of his or her supplementary cards, without any objection. ِAlso, he or she acknowledges that the bank shall not be held responsible for such transactions.
- It’s understood to the client, the supplementary card is issued with the same remaining validity period of the main card.
- It’s understood to the client, in case of the cancellation of the main card, the supplementary cards will be cancelled too.
- It’s understood to the client, the bank is authorized to cancel, stop or freeze any of the supplementary cards without giving any reasons.
- It’s understood to the client, the bank has the authority to apply and/or amend the fees and commissions of issuance, usage or renewal of the card.
- It’s understood to the client, all terms and conditions of the debit card are also applied to the supplementary cards, as viewed and agreed on previously.
- The customer authorizes the bank to renew his Card after expiry day unless the bank receives a written notice from the customer stating otherwise.
- The customer accepts the daily cash /transaction limit, which the bank can change without having to notify clients.
- Any notice received from clients to report stolen/lost Cards and/or Pin Numbers or request to suspend a service should be immediately reported, and the notice should include the purpose for suspension being stolen or lost or for any other reason. The customer’s liability will stop after informing the bank. And the bank without any liability on his part may decide to accept aural notifications provided a written notice is received the next working day, and the bank is not liable in the event any legal actions took place after reporting the incident to the authorities.
- The customer acknowledges that all reports extracted from ATM Machines or Points Of Sales are correct and accepted as an evidence to prove deposits or withdraws or transactions and is considered the final reference in case a dispute arises between the customer and the bank.
- The customer bears all responsibility of any error that might occur as a result of depositing / transferring any amounts to other clients’ accounts by mistake
- The customer should notify the bank in writing the next working day If differences occur between amounts debited to customer’s account and the actual cash received by the customer or in the event the customer did not receive any cash, otherwise the bank shall bear no responsibility and the balancing of the Tills will be considered the reference in any claim received by the customer.
- The customer authorizes the bank to credit amounts actually deposited and not the amounts specified on the deposit slip.
- All data showing on ATMs screens is considered part of the service agreement and the bank saying is considered the accepted evidence
Special Terms and Conditions Concerning (Ahli Mobile) Service:
- These Conditions are considered integral part of the General terms and Conditions set for Electronic Banking Services.In case of conflict, Ahli Mobile conditions prevail.
- It’s understood to the Customer that the Bank will provide 2 pin codes, to be used for only (1) time, then the Customer will be asked to set (6) digits private pin code to be used every time he want to enjoy the service.
- It’s understood to the Customer that in case of losing or failure of the mobile and he is willing to substitute it, he needs to apply for a new issuing of the service.
- In case of Customer willing to have this service in more than one device, he accepts and approves all transactions done on any of their devices, and the Bank will consider it as transaction done from the same Customer.
- The customer acknowledges that he received officially the pin codes without need to have his signature on the receipt.
- The Bank bears no responsibility in the event of irregularity or discontinuation of the service or the inaccuracy of the information provided.
Special Conditions for Electronic Transfers:
Whereas the Jordan Ahli Bank has initiated the service of electronic money transfers from a Customer’s account to other accounts within Ahli Bank, whether these accounts belong to the Customer himself / herself or to other customers, and, Whereas the Customer wishes to avail himself/herself of this service;
The Customer hereby concedes to the following:
- These Special Conditions are an integral part of the General Conditions set for the Bank’s services: Ahli Online (Online Banking), Ahli Phone, Ahli SMS and Ahli Electronic Transferand Ahli Mobile Service.
- To conclude a transfer, the Customer enters the account numbers to which he / she wishes to make the transfer through Ahli Online, provided those accounts are not accounts whose holders refuse to accept third party deposits and money transfers.
- It is understood by both parties (the Bank and the Customer) that the transfer transaction, if executed successfully, is irrefutable by either of the two parties. The transfer shall be considered as correct and legally valid upon completion of the transfer process.
- The Bank may reverse the entries in case the beneficiary refuses to accept the value of the money transfer. Furthermore, the Bank shall not be held liable in case it rejects the money transfer.
- The Customer concedes that the transfer transaction has been executed at his / her own responsibility and that the Bank is not held liable for any potential error in the value of the transfer, time of executing the transfer, or the beneficiary’s account number.
- The Customer concedes that the Bank is not party to any contractual or non-contractual relation between the Customer and the holder of the account to which the money transfer has been affected (the Beneficiary). Furthermore, the Bank shall not assume any liability of whatever type or cause that may result from any relation between the Customer and the Beneficiary. It is to be understood that the role of Ahli Bank is confined only to providing the service and facilitating the money transfer transaction.
- Electronic transfer includes but not limited to Transfers between the Bank Customers and / or Bill Payments and / or Request for Bank Cheque and / or Request for Swift Transfer and / or any other services shall the Bank add in the future.