The Terms and Conditions hereunder shall constitute a complementary part to the account opening application form (“Application”) submitted and signed by the applicant (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”) for the purpose of opening an account (“Account”) with any of Jordan Ahli Bank Branches in Jordan (the “Bank”).
The Customer hereby acknowledges and confirms that he/she has read and understood the Terms & Conditions stated hereunder, and by signing the Application, consents and agrees to the application of said Terms & Conditions to the Account. Customer
Using the website services / electronic banking services / banking operations Jordan Ahli Bank constitutes the Customers unconditional agreement to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
The Bank reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and such modifications shall become effective upon their publication on the Website. The Customer shall be solely responsible for being regularly informed of the Terms and Conditions and the latest amendments made thereto.
The following Words and phrases as provided in this application shall have the same meaning ascribed to them hereunder unless the context indicates otherwise:
Bank: Jordan Ahli Bank.
Account Holder, Client, and Customer:
Any natural person(s) who deals with the Bank in connection with the account types mentioned in these Terms & Conditions , and who signs the Application and/or signs up for any of the Bank’s electronic services and signs an application for issuing in his capacity as the Account Holder or a party to the Account, whether such account is a joint account or an additional Cardholder.
The account opened with the Bank in local or any other currency, whether interest bearing or non-interest bearing.
Expenses: All stamp duties, post, telephone, telegraph, telex, transportation and travel and notification charges, foreign exchange differences, collection fees and commissions, all banking costs and commissions, any fees (including legal and expert’s fees) and/or any other expense the Bank may incur as a result of litigation and arbitration, the enforcement of judgments and securities.
An Account number:
The Bank shall assign a number for each Account, which shall be used by its holder on all the correspondences with the Bank in relation to said account, and for any withdrawal or deposit and other operations) from or into the account (.
The electronic services listed in these Terms and Conditions, and which are rendered by the Bank to the Customer, Through the website, Al-Ahli Mobile, Al-Ahli Online.
Services for accessing through the Internet or mobile applications to accounts, products and banking services.
A term given to signature, stamp and fingerprint, and defined by the Law of Dealing with Persons with Disabilities, any form of approved signature chosen by a Customer with a disability, which includes signature, stamp, electronic fingerprint, fingerprint, finger vein authentication technology, or eye print.
Personal Identity Number (PIN)
It is a four-digit number that is given to the Customer either by a sealed envelope or by a text message on his/ her mobile phone number or manually entered by the Customer on a (PIN PAD) device for use simultaneously with the transaction executed by the Customer. The Customer acknowledges that his/her/its use of the PIN is the same as signing or authorizing the Bank to debit the account with the amount of the transaction.
Debit card :
An electronic card that is used and granted by the Bank whether with local, international or regional trademarks which enables its holder to withdraw cash from the ATMs of the Bank or of other banks (in the event of existing agreements for the use of such Card through other ATMS, whether locally or internationally) in addition to cash deposit service or payment for purchases through direct debit from the holder’s account, as this Card can be used only for the amount available in the accounts’ balance
Personal Identity Number (PIN):
A four-digit number that is given to the Customer either by a sealed envelope or by a text message on his/ her mobile phone number or manually entered by the Customer on a (PIN PAD) device for use simultaneously with the transaction executed by the Customer. The Customer acknowledges that his/her/its use of the PIN is equivalent to his/her signature or authorization to allow the Bank to debit the account with the amount of the transaction.
A person or individual who has not completed the age of (18) years.
An account created through the Bank’s application and/or through the Bank’s website(s) or through other trusted electronic or digital methods that are subject to the special terms and conditions for using the following service, which the Bank may update from time to time after giving the Customer a notice or obtain his/her consent as appropriate, and in all cases the Customer should review these Terms on a regular basis, and the Customer agree that posting, giving, using or reviewing the new Terms shall be sufficient notice to the Customer of any modifications made to them, and of the Customers use of the Service. The Customer acknowledge that he/she accepts the Terms of Service, and that the Customer continues to use the Service after any modification deemed to have been accepted by the Customer.
Immediate Personal Loan Product
This product allows for the possibility of being granted an immediate personal loan for the Customers of the Bank.
General Conditions Applicable on all Accounts:
- Customer hereby grants the Bank an absolute, unconditional and irrevocable right and permits the Bank to inquire about him/her at the Department of Dishonored Cheques at the Central Bank of Jordan and or at any other bank or credit information company, and the Bank shall be exempt from any liability that may result from this.
- Without the need to obtain the Customer’s prior consent, the Bank is authorized to charge any of the Customer’s accounts such out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred in connection herewith in the form of postage, fees duties interest, commissions, taxes, and stamp duties and other charges either these expenses are paid on the Customer’s behalf of that the same incur or bear on behalf, or those which result from any transaction.
- The Bank is authorized to debit its dues to the Customer’s account regarding all types of commissions, discounted bills or letters of guaranteed issued or commercial and financial papers, promissory notes, bought securities, or others. In case of Customer’s default in his contractual obligations, and after the same being served with a notification on the address thereof as is in the records of the Bank, the Bank will at any time freeze or close any account opened in the name of the Customer with the Bank and to request the Customer to pay at first demand the amount of any debit balance along with accrued interest and other expenses regardless of any guarantees or securities given to the Bank linked to his/her account.
- The Bank shall have full right to withhold all Customer’s funds, securities, financial papers, deposited with the Bank, as well as all credit balances, deposits and any other money of whatsoever nature kept for the Customer by the Bank, in present or in future, in whatever account or branch of the Bank in favor of the Bank, who shall have the right to collect any amounts for which the Customer is indebted, owes , such amounts shall be considered a security and guarantee for the repayment of any amount, interest and/or costs expenses due for the Bank as per its records with respect to the accounts of the Customer, and the Customer hereby waives his right to object against the same, whereby the Bank’s records and books are conclusive, irrefutable evidence against the same.
- The Customer irrevocably authorizes the Bank in his sole decision to debit the account and to dispose, according to its absolute discretion; of any withdrawals that take place with the knowledge of the Customer such as checks transfers or payment orders or any other transfers without having sufficient funds to cover it in the current account of the Customer. By considering the Customers deposits as guarantee, the Customer authorizes the Bank to transfer the deposit(s) to cash collateral account(s) in return of banking facilities, and to settle on due dates without any notice or notification or any other legal action, and the Customer shall not have the right to revoke such authorization except upon the written consent of the Bank.
- The Customer specimen signature as it appears on the Bank’s special card / / Copy of the authenticated signatures of the accounts that were created through the various electronic channels and approved by the Bank are considered legal and binding for any transaction with the Bank and in case any application or order for payment of a cheque carried a different signature, the Bank may, according to its absolute discretion, execute the transaction or refrain from the same, even if a letter or an affirmation from the Customer is provided.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Bank’s books, records, statements, and entries whether in ordinary or in electronic full and in all types and forms shall be considered correct, conclusive, and binding against him, and he shall not object against or contest the same in the future for whatever reason, unless the Bank receives from the Customer a written objection thereto within a period of (15) days from the date of sending such statement, notice, or else. The Customer hereby finally and irrevocably waives his right of requiring the decisive oath to the Bank’s Chairman of the Board of Directors, and or Members of the Board of Directors and or the General Manager, the Chief Executive Officer and / or any of the Employees of the Bank, in respect of any proceedings that relates to the Bank, whether civil or criminal, and for whatever reason.
- The Customer hereby approves all deposits, cheques and monetary transfers credited into the account by any third party, unless the Customer notifies the Bank otherwise in writing. Such notification shall be effective as of the first business day following the date of notifying the Bank.
- The Bank shall bear no responsibility in respect of any changes affected to the Customer’s written cheques, with the spaces of which have been filled out by electronic, electric, or other typewriter.
- The Customer shall not hold the Bank liable in case the Customer requested that all correspondence and notifications be held in file and the Bank so accepted, the Customer shall waive his right to claim any damages, or invoke any liability that may result from the aforementioned, the Customer acknowledges that the address provided to the Bank is the approved address for correspondence, and that such address is a valid address for receiving all correspondence addressed thereto in accordance with the provisions of Article 25 of the Regulations Governing Fair and Transparent Transactions with Clients No. 56/2012 and any amendment thereafter.
- The Bank shall have the absolute right to off-set (conduct clearing) between the amounts deposited in the accounts of the Customer receivable and payable in any of the branches of the Bank. In case such off-set was not made, the Bank may debit interest to the overdrawn accounts, and the Customer hereby waives his right to object against not performing the off-set (clearing).
- In case of the Customer having several obligations towards the Bank either loans, overdraft, credit cards or any other facility, the Bank has the right to choose the account or the facility or loans to cover without any responsibility.
- The Bank shall not be obliged to meet Customer’s requests of foreign currency withdrawals from his foreign currency accounts unless such currency is available in the local market, provided that the maximum one- time withdrawal not to exceed the specified amount by the Bank. The Customer is requested to give the Bank a prior notice of at least two working days before the withdrawal date.
- The Bank shall accept objections against the honoring, encashment of any cheques if a written and signed request to that effect was submitted by the Customer on the form accepted by the Bank, and in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- I bear all material damage and loss that may arise from the suspension of cashing the cheque/cheques and recording on my account any sums resulting from stopping the cheque / cheques.
- The Bank is not responsible for cashing the cheque / cheques due to errors or omissions and / or the incorrectness of the data provided to the Bank by the Customer.
- The Customer shall notify the Bank in writing of the cancellation or suspension of any order issued by his/her to cash the cheque / cheques.
- In the event that a request to reserve an amount (insurances) is not submitted for the purposes of stopping the cash disbursement and / or there is not enough balance available in the account, then it is understandable to the Customer that he/she will be notified for the purposes of including his/her name on the list of returned cheques unit unless the Customer provides the Bank with the following:
- Evidence that the cheque holder has been declared bankrupt.
- Evidence of reporting (to the competent security or judicial authorities) of the cheque (s) have been lost or stolen.
- That the drawer submits a judicial decision that the reason for the objection is legitimate.
- That the drawer submits a judicial decision freezing the procedures regarding the cheque (s).
- That the drawer submits a settlement concluded with the beneficiary.
- That the drawer presents the original cheque.
- The Bank shall bear no responsibility in the event of any loss of cheques sent for collection by mail (whether local and / or foreign) and for reasons beyond Bank’s control or power.
- It is understood that any cheque deposited for collection in the Customer’s account will be deposited with the Customer, the Bank will present it in accordance with the usual procedures and during a reasonable period of time, and the Customer waives the Bank of any liability arising from the delay in submitting the cheque for collection or delay in the collection process and depositing the cheque in the Customer’s account for any reason.
- The Bank reserves the right to close or refuse the opening of any account without giving any reason, and in case it became evident that any document or information provided by the Customer was false, or that the Customer’s name is listed on the blacklists, or upon the Bank’s absolute discretion.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Bank shall bear no responsibility nor liability as a result of any diminution or devaluation in the value of funds credited to the account, or for the non-availability or transferability of such funds as a result of forfeiture, compulsory transfers, civil strife, exercise of military or usurping power or to any other cause to event of force majeure, national strike, national unrest, or emergency situations of whatever type of nature, so long as the same are beyond the control of the Bank, in which case the Bank, any of the branches, offices, and affiliates thereof, shall not be responsible for the consequences of the aforementioned on the accounts of the Customer, this shall also include any judicial or administrative attachment applied by whatever entity, even if the Bank nor the Customer were parties thereof, and whether the same was civil or criminal.
- The initial credit entries of cheques (available for collection or direct deposit) or any other instruments paid into the account will only become final upon due clearance and collection of the proceeds of such cheques and instruments, in case of non-clearance / non- collection of any cheque / instrument, the Bank will automatically cancel any entry made thereof in the account. the Customer acknowledges that the Bank’s records shall be considered the only conclusive final evidence of the balance of the Customer in the account / accounts thereof, and the Customer authorize the Bank to reverse any such entries made on the account in error, and he releases the Bank rom any liability resulting therefrom, and the Customer undertakes to notify the Bank immediately upon discovery of any error, the Bank and to return any amounts erroneously withdrawn from the as soon as the error comes to his knowledge, and / or upon the Bank first request and without an objection thereto.
- The Customer unconditionally agrees that all, monies, shares, bonds, securities bills documents, and other valuable assets and possessions whether held in his name by the Bank as collateral or as deposits including the content of the safe deposits boxes, shall be considered security to guarantee the payments of any debit balance therein as debtors and / or guarantors to the Bank, regardless of how the ineptness was incurred or whether it is actual or potential. and whether in Bank’s Jordan branches or overseas branches, and the Customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorizes the Bank to dispose of or sell assets at the price time and method it choses and to whomever it choses at its discretion without having to refer to him or notify him, serve him a notice or a warning, or else, and without the same having any right to object or appeal against such measures.
- The Customer irrevocably authorizes the Bank in the event of suspicion of money laundering transaction or any transaction might be considered illegal in respect to any of his accounts thereof with the Bank, to refrain from executing any transaction on the account, freeze the account, take the due procedures, and notify the Central Bank accordingly. And the Customer releases the Bank from any liability that may result from the stopping any transaction, whether withdrawal, deposit, transfers… or other on the account.
- Information and data acquired from the Customer is subject to banking confidentiality and secrecy provisions.
- The Customer shall not object to the Bank freezing or suspending any of the accounts, or any monies / amounts received to his benefit from any source whatsoever. And debit the accounts of the Customer with the operating expenses of administrating the account, being the cost of maintaining the account open on its records, and the Customer shall not have the right to object / appeal against.
- The account shall be considered frozen in the event of no movement to the account (no withdrawal from / deposit into), and within the periods specified below from the date of the last withdrawal / deposit:
- Six months for current and demand accounts.
- Two years for saving accounts.
- Three years for term deposit and notice accounts.
The periods stated above are subject to modification by the Bank in case of any new regulations issued by Central Bank of Jordan.
- A credit or debit transaction or the encashment of a cheque drawn therefrom shall not be enough to reactivate an account.
- The Bank has the right to set off between dormant accounts and any debit accounts or existing obligations of the account holder with the Bank, with the right to suspend the ATM cards, payment and credit cards belonging to the account.
- Interest or profits on dormant accounts shall continue to be calculated according to the contract in effect on the date the account was considered dormant
- Account statements and notifications shall continue to be sent periodically to dormant account holders
- The frozen account may only be activated upon the presence of the Customer in person, or the presence of an attorney thereof pursuant to a notarized power of attorney or an authorization approved by the Bank to request the reactivation of the account, and upon verifying the identity of the Customer or the representative thereof, and the signature thereof on an acknowledgement of the accuracy of the account balance in the respective date, or in the event of the Customer’s presence in person, or any person representing the same depositing or withdrawing from the account.
- The Bank shall have the right at any time at its discretion and without disclosing its reasons to close the account In the event the balance becomes zero, the Customer, as per his free well, authorizes the Bank, at any time it deems appropriate, to close the account without showing any reason, and therefore, the Customer releases the Bank, after the account is closed, from any duty to comply with any instructions he had issued regarding the account, whether in respect of suspended cheques, standing orders, and / or any other procedures even if the account becomes operative again for any different reasons, and without the Bank bearing any responsibility, liability as a result of such actions, and the Customer hereby irrevocably waives in advance, any right that can be used against the Bank legal or otherwise, the Customer undertakes to return the checkbook(s) in his possession upon closing the account, and he irrevocably and absolutely authorizes the Bank to close the account and / or the Accounts with the Bank in the event the account and / or the accounts were misused, such as, drawing a cheque against insufficient credit balance without the Bank bearing any responsibility of the aforementioned.
- The Customer understands that all deposits in and withdrawals from the accounts in foreign currencies, as well as the expenses and interests relevant thereto is subject to the instructions of the Central Bank, and / or the administrative instructions applicable within the Bank.
- In the event of Customer’s death, no credit interest will be credited into the account, according to the type of the account, and the current account will be closed.
- A- The Customer(s) accept(s) that the Bank will notify the Central Bank and / or any Entity the same approves, and / or all the Entities that the Bank have the right to notify in accordance with the banking Laws and the return cheques which refers to handling of returned checks withdrawn by the Customer / Customers from any of their accounts with the Bank and which are returned for whatever reason, and applying on Customers all the instructions of the Returned Cheques Unit of the Central Bank of Jordan & / or any other entities that the Bank has right to notify in accordance with respective law.
B -The Customer shall have the right to authorize others using a banking authorization letter approved by the Bank or by a notarized power of attorney that should be approved by the legal department within the Bank to verify the accuracy and the validity thereof, and the authorized body shall exercise all the privileges of the original account holder within the scope of the authorization or the power or attorney, and in the event such authorization is terminated, the Bank shall be notified of the fact in writing and / or by fax or by electronic services, or in person, and the Bank shall, as per its absolute discretion, accepts to cash cheques and other instruments signed under the previous authorization in the event cheques and other instruments had dates prior to the new instructions date, and are submitted after the new instructions were effected.
- The Customer shall notify the Bank with any changes taking place in the names of the authorized signatory(ices) of the account and / or the accounts with the Bank, the conditions of their authorization, changes in the objectives or capital and in general any changes that affect the legal position of the company as soon as such change take place, provided that the Bank shall not be responsible for such changes except from the date the same receives a letter from the Customer informing of the change, and the Bank shall have the right to in cash any cheque or payment orders in case the same carried a prior date or were submitted to the Bank prior to the date of the change in the authorized persons. As for the checks and payment orders signed by the previous authorized signatories, which hold a later date for the amendment of the authorized signatories, these orders, which had been received before the date of the amendment, the Bank has the right to implement them.
- The Bank is entitled to reject or refuse any power of attorney in the event it was issued or organized in a date beyond a specific period determined by the Bank’s bylaws and regulations.
- It is forbidden for the Customer to use his/her personal account for commercial purposes. The Bank has the right to close down the account if it becomes aware that a Bank account for personal use is being used for commercial purposes, without any liabilities.
- The Customer agrees that these General Terms and Conditions shall apply to all accounts whether opened at the time of signing this form or at a later or prior date.
- The address as indicated on this application form shall be the only valid one. The Customer declares and agrees that any communications or notices sent to him/her (including judicial notices ) on the mentioned address in relation to the account shall be deemed notified to and received by him/her upon posting and shall constitute conclusive evidence against the Customer .The Bank shall be under neither the obligation nor bear any responsibility resulting from any delay or loss of post to the Customers address. The Customer waives unconditionally and irrevocable his/her right in raising any contestation in this respect including the invalidation of notification, before any concerned party.
- The Customer undertakes to notify the Bank in writing of any change in his/her address otherwise the address provided herein shall be the legal and valid one on all banking correspondences as mentioned in these Terms and Conditions including judicial notifications.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank, as per its discretion, to overdraw the account, and to charge his account with accrued interest. and authorizes the same to charge his account with the amount of any Bill promissory notes, Cheques or other documents whether on a collection basis or otherwise, and to credit the account with other balances available from other account opened in the name of the Customer with the Bank or with any other branch thereof as a cover to all the Customer’s liabilities to the Bank, the balance of the account or any other account of the Customer will not be paid to him until the full settlement of his accounts. The Bank shall have the right to off-set the balances of all the accounts opened in the name of the Customer with the Bank, including the accounts open in any other currency. Overdrawing of the account, shall not be considered as an overdraft facility but an easing to him that he shall be obliged to repay within a period of no more than thirty days from the date of any overdraft.
- In the event the Customer received any banking facilities of whatever nature, and in case of nonpayment, the Bank shall transfer amounts to the cash collateral account from clients deposits accounts, in order to insure the payment of the granted loan, and the Customer fully authorizes the Bank to charge his account with any amounts due on the Customer in addition to the debit interest and any other expenses after claiming any dues against the Bank; such obligations shall be off set against the cash amounts seized in the cash collateral Account in return of banking facilities without referring to the Customer and without the need to give any notice or any other prerequisites, and the Customer shall not have the right to object against such measure, being a legal measure for which the same has given prior approval, and the Customer acknowledges that the cash collateral account is an internal account of the Bank, of which the same may not dispose of, and the same is for the order, and in the name of the Bank and / or in the name of the Bank / and the name of the Customer.
- The Bank has the right to close or suspend or freeze the account in case the Bank asks for Customer’s data updating and the Customer refuses or does not respond within the period determined by the Bank.
- The Non-Jordanian client acknowledges to provide the Bank with a copy of the passport once it has been renewed and the Bank has the right to gradually stop some financial transactions and services provided to the Customer in case that he is not provided with this.
Sending him marketing, advertising and promotional information about other products / services that the Bank, the Bank’s affiliates, business partners and related companies may be offering, and which the Bank believes may be of interest or benefit to him (“Marketing Messages”), by way of postal mail, telephone, text message, electronic mail, facsimile or other mean (as set out in any application form, account opening documents and / or otherwise provided by the Customer or possessed by the Bank); (collectively the “Purposes”)
- The Customer’s hereby acknowledge and agree that his personal data may / will be disclosed by the Bank to its third-party service providers or agents (including its lawyers / law firms), which may be sited outside of Jordan and the European Economic Area (EEA), for one or more of the Purposes, as such third-party service providers or agents, if engaged by the Bank, would be processing the Customer’s personal data for the Bank for one or more of the Purposes.
- The Customer hereby acknowledge and agree that the Bank shall process his personal data by means of automated reading, verification of the authenticity and other automated processing of photos and scanned copies of documents and with further check against the data in multiple databases, including inter alia International politically exposed persons (PEPs) and Sanctions, Country Specific Sanctions Lists, Criminal Lists and Financial Lists.
- The consent for the processing expressed hereby covers the following operations: collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges that he has been informed about his right to:
- Withdraw his consent to personal data processing at any time, If he does withdraw his consent, this will not affect any processing which has already happened, or any other processing of his data not in relation to this consent, but will mean that the Bank will stop processing his data for the purposes outlined above.
A ) access and adjust his personal data;
B )Make a justified demand in writing for the blocking of the processing of his data due to situation.
C ) object to the processing of his personal data;
D ) Object to the transfer of his personal data, including the right to object to engaging any of the Bank’s contractors to processing his personal data;
E ) Object to being subject to a decision based solely on automated processing / profiling.
F ) Make a justified demand in writing to erase his personal data subject to applicable laws.
G ) All which rights may be exercised by contacting the Bank at No. 06-5656300.
H ) The Customer hereby represent that he has carefully read all the above provisions and does voluntarily and unequivocally agree with them.
- All messages whether, registered and / or standard and / or sent by facsimile and / or microfilm and / or scanned and / or SMS extracted by the ank for its records, books, accounts and the contents of its files are considered legal evidence, in which the borrower / client and the guarantor(s) waive beforehand any legal right that allow them to appeal and / or require a conclusive oath from the Chairman and the Board of Directors members of the Bank, its General Manager or any of its employees.
- The Customer hereby represent that he has carefully read all the above provisions and does voluntarily and unequivocally agree with them.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and in the event of any claim or dispute arising from the relationship between the Bank and its Customer or otherwise shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Court of Amman, Palace of justice in any claim from the side of the Customer against the Bank, or from the side of the Bank against the Customer; and the Bank may, upon its absolute discretion, recourse to any court inside or outside the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan if it so desires, with regard to the place of residence of the Customer, the relevant branch, or the place where monies of the Customer exists, and the Customer shall bear all the fees, legal expenses, and attorney fees in case the Bank raised a lawsuit of any claim relevant to the account and the Customer hereby irrevocably authorize the Bank to charge the same on the account of the Customer.
- The Bank shall abide by the provisions of the Temporary Law on Governmental appropriation of lapsed monies No. 35 of the year 85 and its amendments or replacements.
- Customers’ complaint resolution unit shall be considered the sole reference for reviewing and processing the complaints of the Customer, and in case of any complaint, the Customer may contact the Unit though various communications means, whether through visiting in person the Unit’s office, or through paper or electronic mailing services.
- The Customer undertakes to provide the Bank with all requested documents and within the specified period of time set by the Bank otherwise the Bank has the right to close all Customers’ accounts.
- The Customer will take full responsibility of any occurring risk in the event he accepts to send instructions to conduct transactions using Fax or Telex or Phone or E-Mail, and the Bank shall bear no responsibility for any occurring risk resulting in acting on Customers request sent by any of the above-mentioned means.
- The Bank and its employees work according to the normal working conditions, so Bank or its employees do not bear the slightest responsibility in any circumstances that lead to delayed execution of the standing order or loss or damage and arise from causes outside its control, and the Customer bears all risks related to each process of executing the process.
- The Customer undertakes to withdraw and deposit in the currency of the account, and the Customer shall not object, in case the Bank was unable to execute the withdrawals of the Customer in the currency of the account, and in that case the Customer will execute the withdrawal in a different foreign currency, or, if not possible, in the local currency, and as per the exchange rate at the time of withdrawal.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank in advance, in the event of him winning a prize from the Saving Accounts Prizes, to announce through all available media the winner’s names, and to permit the use of personal photographs, and to conduct personal televised interviews with him and to broadcast it, the Customer acknowledges that the prize is to be paid in accordance with the pertinent regulations applicable by the Bank.
- In the event the Customer (beneficiary of the prize) is a minor, the value of the cash prize will be credited to his account ,and the legal guardian and or custodian may withdraw the amount of the prize and within the scope of the authority granted thereto as per the certificate of guardianship or custody, the father shall be considered a guardian by law and does not require to provide guardianship certificate .And in case the prize is an (in kind award), the same shall be presented to the minor in person and in the presence of the guardian thereof / or legal guardian and / or custodian.
- In the event of the Customer (Winner of a prize) not claiming the prize within 9 months from the date the announcement was made the prize shall be cancelled and the winner shall not have the right to claim it or claim the value thereof from the Bank, In the event the Customer wins a prize, receiving it shall be conditional to completing the account opening.
- In the event of Customer’s death (beneficiary) before the draw date, and Bank was not notified of the fact at the time, the deceased beneficiary shall not be eligible to receive the prize. And in the event of Customer’s death (beneficiary) after the draw date, the prize shall be presented to his legal heirs and shall be distributed as per the instructions applicable by the Bank.
- The instructions issued by the Central Bank of Jordan applied regarding the Financial Consumer Protection Instructions No. (18/2018) and the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Law No. (20) of (2017) shall be applied.
- The Customer consents that the Bank inquires, becomes informed of, discloses, provides, and exchanges credit/other information about the Customer with CRIF Jordan or with any other authorized entity.
- The customer hereby authorizes the bank to inquire about him through the Returned Cheques Units within the Central Bank of Jordan and / or any other Bank.
- When the Bank receives the cheques according to decided arrangements in the Bank as a collecting agent. The Bank shall not be held responsible for the legality and validity and correctness of all signatures and endorsements of the cheques.
- The Customer shall be responsible for any claim or demand because of any forgery or alternation in attached cheques or any endorsement affixed thereon. The Bank is obliged in case of any matter related or could be related to a crime or illegal act to notify any official body due to banking law and Central Bank of Jordan rules and regulations.
- The amount of the cheques will be credited to the account in accordance with the Banks arrangements and this document doesn’t give the Customer the right to withdraw the amount of these cheques before collection The Bank has full right to return and make the opposite restriction in addition to any expenses/interest/commissions that may be achieved if any cheque is returned for any reason and acknowledges that the Bank has been cleared of any direct legal liability relating to the cheque/cheques purchased
- The Bank will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the cheques sent for collection by mail and for reasons beyond its control and not owing to it.
- The Customers purchase of cheques and paying them to the Bank in advance / a deferred right is subject to the standard international conditions and customs of the collection bills No. 522, and in case that the Customer is not able to collect the amount of the Cheque/Cheques for the collection for any reason, or if it is returned at any time in the future even though it was previously indicated that it was paid, the Bank pledges to return the amount in addition to any interest or expenses that resulted from that, and the Customer authorizes the Bank to record that amount in addition to the interest and expenses on any account the Customer has with the Bank or with any other branch of the Bank without having the right to object. If there are insufficient funds in the Customers accounts, the Customer undertake to pay the required amounts in cash.
- The Bank is not responsible for not submitting the papers or paying in a timely manner or for any error or omission that occurs in the correspondence between the Bank and its Customers or correspondents or by any person or otherwise.
- The Bank shall not be responsible for any mistake in data entering on the front form by the depositor and the Bank has the right to correct any mistake in this form and notify the Customer. This form shall not be considered legal and valid unless stamped and signed by the Bank.
- It is the Customers understanding that these cheques are deferred, and the Bank will present them for collection on the date of these cheques unless written instructions are received from the Customer that their submission is on a previous or later date. The Bank does not bear any responsibility in case of delay in displaying these cheques.
- Signing the form is considered approval and bearing full responsibility for all the information included in the form, If the cheque data filled on the form differs from the actual reality of the cheques, the actual cheques are applicable in accordance with the Bank’s restrictions
- The Customer understands that if there are insufficient funds in his/her account on a pre-specified number of occasions as advised by the Bank, the Bank may terminate the Instructions and close down his/her accounts.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank to assert any information or documents requested by any other entities that the Bank has right to notify in accordance with respective law or requested by transaction or services nature provided by the Bank or requested by the Customer, and also the Customer authorizes the Bank to exchange information or documents with other banks or if it was needed by the AML regulations adopted locally or internationally.
- The Bank does not bear any responsibility for filling out the data in terms of the beneficiaries ’account numbers or the IBAN or their full names. It is not responsible when the other bank to whom it is transferred refuses not to record the amount in the beneficiary’s account due to a mistake in the data or for any other reason.
- The Bank does not bear any responsibility in the event that the name of the beneficiaries is mentioned on any of the lists approved by the Bank who are prohibited from dealing with them, whether internal, local, regional or international.
- The Bank and its employees work according to the normal working conditions, so Bank or its employees do not bear the slightest responsibility in any circumstances that lead to delayed execution of the standing order or loss or damage and arise from causes outside its control, and the Customer bears all risks related to each process of executing the standing order.
- The Bank has the right to choose the methods of executing the standing order in the manner it deems appropriate.
- If the date of execution of the standing order coincides with a day off, then the working day following the holiday shall be considered the date on which the standing order is executed.
- In the event that the balance is insufficient to cover the amount of the standing order and the commissions on the execution date indicated, the Bank has the right to implement or not implement the request on that date.
- The Customer is personally liable in the event that the Bank is exposed to any liability on the part of any person or entity and for any reason arising from the order to execute the standing order.
- Cancellation of any instructions must be based on a request from the Customer, to be delivered to the Bank seven working days before the date of the standing order.
- The Customer relieves the Bank of any responsibility or obligation towards it and / or towards the beneficiary if the payment order cannot be executed due to insufficient funds in their account or due to the issuance of a decision to seize the account from a competent authority or for any other reason beyond the Bank’s control.
- In the event that two consecutive payments are due without payment due to insufficient funds in the account, the Bank shall have the right to consider the payment order null without the Bank being obligated to notify the Customer or the beneficiary of the cancellation. The Bank may collect late payments from any deposits subsequent to the maturity date, if this does not exceed the due date of the last payment.
- It is understood and agreed upon that in the event that the total amount to be paid is not specified and a date is not specified for stopping the payment, the Bank is authorized to continue executing the standing order if there is sufficient balance in the account until a written notice is received from the Customer to stop the execution.
- The Bank or its employees shall not bear any responsibility in the event of non-execution of the standing order in case the balance of the account transferred from it is insufficient and does not cover the execution value of the standing order and commissions that have been determined despite the availability of a balance in another account, whether in dinars or in foreign currency.
- The Bank does not bear any responsibility in the event that the transferring account holder refuses the transfer and / or requests to return the amount.
- The Bank has the right to charge all fees, commissions and differences in currency conversion at the rate it deems appropriate and in accordance with the Bank’s internal regulations and instructions every time the transfer is made.
- The standing order (s) shall be suspended or canceled without authorization from the Customer and according to the following:
A ) By a decision of the branch manager and / or the department to which the classification belongs to the Customer in the event that three consecutive standing order are due without sufficient balance for implementation.
B ) With the expiration date of the last payment, and there is more than one unpaid payment due.
C ) By the end of the due date of the last payment.
D ) In the event that the Customer’s account is suspended due to (death or seizure of the balance by a decision of an authorized authority).
E ) The beneficiary has refused the payment order and upon written notice of receipt of the payment (s).
F ) By a decision from the Bank directly without requiring the Bank to provide justifications.
- No credit interest shall be paid on credit balance unless otherwise agreed.
The Bank will not accept any cheque drawn on it or deposited with the collection fees unless it is issued on the forms issued by the banks for this purpose, accordingly the Customer undertakes not to withdraw from the Account except by cheques on the form approved by the Bank, and the Bank may, without any responsibility thereon, refuse the encashment of any cheque withdrawn by the Customer if not made on the cheque forms issued to the Customer by the Bank, and the Customer shall undertake to protect the cheques provided thereto, and shall be responsible for any loss or damage that may result from fraudulent or erroneous use of, or the bribery, or losing it, including the loss in the post as from the date the same were sent to the Customer, and the Customer undertakes to notify the Bank in case the same were stolen or lost.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank, as per its discretion, to overdraw the account, and to charge his account with accrued interest. and authorizes the same to charge his account with the amount of any Bill promissory notes, Cheques or other documents whether on a collection basis or otherwise, and to credit the account with other balances available from other account opened in the name of the Customer with the Bank or with any other branch thereof as a cover to all the Customer’s liabilities to the Bank, The balance of the account or any other account of the Customer will not be paid to him until the full settlement of his accounts. The Bank shall have the right to off-set the balances of all the accounts opened in the name of the Customer with the Bank, including the accounts open in any other currency. Overdrawing of the account, shall not be considered as an overdraft facility but an easing to him that he shall be obliged to repay within a period of no more than thirty days from the date of any overdraft.
- Checkbooks may only be issued for current accounts.
- The Customer undertakes to keep received checkbooks upon his request and the approval of the Bank, in safe custody, and to notify the Bank in writing using the approved channels in the event of loss or theft or forgery., and in all events, the Customer releases the Bank from any liability arising therefrom and / or from forgery and / or from dispatching the same by post.
- The Bank shall deduct a returned cheque commission without balance / or in the case of insufficient balance on the Customer’s account of (20) dinars for the first cheque and returned on the client’s account and (40) dinars for the second cheque returned on the client’s account, whether the same cheque or any other cheque without any increase or decrease in the amount Commission, provided that the commission is collected from the client’s account whether there is balance in the account, or there isn’t the Bank has the right to modify these amounts in case it is modified by Central Bank.
- The Bank shall bounce (return) overdrawn (uncovered) cheques, and shall have the right to notify the Central Bank of Jordan with that fact in case the cheque was not settled within a period of 15 working days from the next day the date it was returned, in which case the name of the Customer will appear on the list of Customers with returned cheques maintained by the Central Bank of Jordan and commission will be charged to the client’s account without referring to the Customer.
- The balance of the account may not fall below the minimum agreed on with the Customer, and as provided in the Granting Terms, in which case the Bank shall not be obliged to accept any instructions or allow any transaction in respect to the account if such would result in the account falling below the mentioned minimum, which shall result in debiting clients account with fees for not keeping the minimum balance.
- In case the Customer’s account is overdrawn debt interest will be calculated on the overdrawn balance.
- The Bank shall execute all the instructions issued by the Customer unless instructed otherwise and shall refuse the execution of unclear and incomplete instructions provided that the Customer is notified of that fact.
- The client acknowledges that in case of issuing a cheque with a postponed date and this cheque was presented to the Bank on a date prior to the date stated in the cheque even if it is stated on the cheque that the cheque will be honored on this specific date or not, the Bank will honor the cheque if there is an equivalent balance or return it if there was no sufficient funds.
- Customer’s denunciation to owner payment of cheques drawn on his account will not be accepted unless the Bank was notified in writing of Customer’s denunciation before these cheques were presented for encashment or deposit.
- The Bank has the right to close Customer’s current account in the event of having three or more cheques returned for no sufficient or existing balance, and to apply the CBJ’s Regulations of the Returned Cheques Unit.
- The debit interest is credited to the account at the end of the month or according to the periods specified by the bank.
- The balance of the account may not fall below the minimum specified by the Bank from time to time regarding the Accounts deriving interest, in case the balance went below the mentioned minimum, no credit interest will be credited to the Account.
- The daily free balance of the account shall derive a credit interest.
- The Bank shall not issue for the Customer a cheque book on this account.
- The Customer cannot withdraw any amount before the due date (maturity).
- At maturity, the Bank has the option of either to renew the deposit term for an equal period (extend the principle of the deposit for another equal term) as per the prevailing price at that time or to transfer the principal to the Customer’s current account.
- In urgent cases were the Bank approves for the Customer to withdraw from the term deposit in part or in full before the maturity date and in such cases the Instructions of Interests on deposits and facilities no. (14/2002) dated 15/12/2002 issued by the Central Bank of Jordan will apply, which specifies penalty and interest calculation in accordance with the following formula:
(Principal X Agreed Upon Interest Rate X Period) – (Withdrawn amount X the maximum rate quoted on the withdrawal date for an equal period deposit plus 2% X the no. of days remaining to maturity or in accordance with any other applicable formula at that time.
4.The term deposit period is a critical factor in determining the payable interest rate.
- The deposit’s amount or the account shall be withheld or transferred to the concerned authority in the event of a legal or official decision to SEIZE or transfer the amount of the deposit to any legal, executive or official body, up to the limited amount seized or transferred from the deposit.
- in case the interest was credited to Customer’s account in advance, the Bank has the right and any to recourse for the interest value and has the right to set-off between the paid interest held for the Customer at the Bank account or to have the deposit breaking penalty from the deposit itself in case there are no credit accounts or the interest was taken in advance, then the paid interest and the deposit itself will be considered one unit for the purpose of collecting the breaking penalty as the above equation and what is meant by the sentence (one unit) is that the collection of the penalty should not extend to the original deposit amount at the time of the period, but the amount can be deducted from the original amount of the deposit in case the interests were received in advance.
- The Bank continues to calculate the interest on the deposit in accordance with the contract signed with the Customer notwithstanding the precautionary verdict issued on the Account by a competent body.
- The Balance of the account shall not fall below the agreed upon minimum, in which case the Bank will not be obligated to credit interest to the account and will charge fees to client’s account for failing to keep the minimum balance and close the deposit account.
- If the Bank receives an additional amount for deposit during the term deposit period, the Bank will either accept to deposit the additional amount(s) to the Account or to open a subsidiary account that bears the prevailing interest rate at the time.
- The Customer undertakes to notify the Bank in writing in case he is not willing to renew the term of the deposit account one week prior to the account the maturity date. Otherwise he authorizes the Bank to renew the term of the deposit account for an additional equal period (second term) as per the prevailing rates and conditions at the time of the renewal, and subject to the pertinent administrative regulations applicable by the Bank in this regard.
- The Customer under all circumstances accepts the binding agreement, not to request that the deposit be liquidated before maturity date nor to withdraw therefrom before maturity in case the Customer requests that the deposit be liquidated or withdraws amounts therefrom, and the Bank approves such request, the Customer’s right in the interest resulting from the withdrawn amount shall be fully forfeited between the date the deposit was held and the withdrawal date.
- In the event of Customer’s death, the calculation of interest shall continue until the end of the term, and in the event the Bank renewed the term deposit for another equal period after the death of the Customer, and without the Bank being officially notified of the death, the Bank may reverse the interest paid and retrieve the amount (of interest paid) from the date of renewal which started after the first term which ended after the death of the client.
- The balance of the account shall not fall below the minimum specified by the Bank for interest calculation purposes; otherwise, no interest will be credited to the account.
- the Customer shall have the choice whether to have credit interest paid or not to his (saving account) by stating.
- The calculation of Interest will apply to the minimum monthly account balance, and in the event the account was closed before the agreed upon term, the interest calculation will be on the minimum monthly account balance of the preceding month and will be credited on closure date.
- No employee of the Bank can be a beneficiary of a prize (Winner of a Prize) from any of the Saving Accounts Prizes.
- The Customer acknowledges the right of the Bank to suspend the prizes program or to amend the value, frequency, and type thereof as per its sole discretion and without referring to or notifying the Customer.
- In the event of Customer’s death, the calculation of credit interest on saving accounts shall be suspended.
- The access and continued use of the Service and completion of the same through the Application, Website, or through any reliable electronic or digital methods and signing and/or clicking on the “I agree” constitutes a binding and conclusive acceptance and agreement by the Customer of all such Terms contained herein and the Bank’s general account opening Terms and Conditions. If at any time the Customer does not accept the Terms, then upon clicking on “I do not agree” the Service will immediately cease the right to use the Service of the Bank is personal to the Customer only and is not transferable to any other person or entity whatsoever or disclose the same. The Bank has the right to refuse or withdraw Service to any user that refuses to abide by the Terms herein or does not complete the final opening of an account as detailed below or abuses their rights related to the Service.
- These Terms of opening initial account Service apply to all Customers and users of the Banks Application, Website or any reliable electronic or digital methods for the Service provided including but not limited to subscribers of the trustee/guardian and legal guardian of minors (who are underage of) as well as any other user who desires to benefit from the Banks Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that he/she are responsible for any information he/she may provide to open the initial account and complete the required for the opening the account in full at the branch or digital boarding branch and the Bank will neither be held responsible to verify nor for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of files, and/or originality of any such information.
- All field(s) in the online application form are mandatory (except where specified otherwise). If any field is left blank, or is filled with incorrect or incomplete data, the online application form shall be considered as incomplete and will be rejected by the Bank.
- The Customer undertakes, agrees and confirms that any and all information/details/ data/ form/documents provided by him/her at each and every stage of the account opening up until the completion account opening process in full shall be accurate, up to date, genuine, true and correct in every manner whatsoever
- The Customer agrees and understands that online initial account opening up until the completion of the account opening process in full are subject to the completion of ‘the know your Customer requirements (whether provided in person as a hard copy or software through electronic methods) as the case may be (“KYC”) in which the Customer agrees to provide as per the authenticated manner whether digital or else considered by the Bank, and the Bank reserves its right to require the Customer to serve additional documents or information or visit the branch wherever required.
- It is understood that there is certain additional information that might be required to be provided by the Banks users electronically or through any digital manner through the Bank that may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Bank in respect of “know your client” and others, the Bank has no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, and practices of any third party. In addition, the Bank cannot control the content communicated by the entities that the Customer may subscribe to. By using the Service and/or the Application, website, or any other reliable electronic or digital methods taking into consideration to all procedures that must be taken pursuant to the relevant laws, the Customer expressly acknowledges and agrees that the Bank shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to the Customers use of any third-party users and acknowledges and agrees that the Service is provided “as is” and that the Bank assumes no responsibility for the timelines, deletion, miss delivery or failure to store any communications or personalization settings.
- The Bank shall use its reasonable efforts to check the identity of the User, however, the Customer acknowledges that the Bank does not conduct full reference checks of the Users unless the submission of all the required information and the account opening procedures and requirements are fulfilled and completed in full physically at the branch.
- Accordingly, the Customer has Ten days only to complete the opening of the account in full and deposit up to ten thousand JDs through ATM, over the counter at the branch/digital onboarding branch or wire transfer and such statement is sent by e-mail accredited by the Bank in compliance with the Central Bank instructions. Otherwise, notes will be automatically set stating “post no debit post not credit on (debit/credit) until completion of the account.
- Opening an initial account can either be through call center or through electronic channels or digital onboarding branch, subject to the requirements of KYC, the Terms and limited to current or savings accounts.
- The Customer agrees and understands that upon completion of KYC verification in compliance with the relevant laws, and Customer due diligence as the Bank may deem fit, the account will be opened. Obtaining any missing documents can be through the authenticated digital ways, visiting the branch or having a designated person from the Bank visiting the Customer or any other manner. However, the Customer may receive his/her debit card through visiting a branch or having an agent visiting him/her.
- By affixing the Customers E-signature on the Online Application Form and clicking on “I AGREE”, the Customer will be deemed to have accorded his/her written consent on the application form, authorizations, declarations and undertakings mentioned therein, including Anti Money Laundering Law, relevant regulations, other Central Bank regulations, applicable laws, these Terms, and the general accounts opening terms and conditions of the Bank.
- The Customer agrees and understands that the same account information, authorized signature and correspondence address of his/her existing account(s) or provided upon opening the account to benefit from the Service through the online application form will apply for the new account the Customer requested to open using this service and shall be considered upon clicking the “I AGREE” icon.
- The Customer can and in the event that he/she are a complete full Customer for the Bank to register online to the Service by using the debit for the personal Services for his/her current or saving account only. The Bank recommends that the Customer does not access from public networks and remember to log out from his/her account by clicking the ‘Logout’ tab at the (upper) of the page.
- As a general rule, the Customer are strictly prohibited from dealing with crypto currencies in any form that are banned by the Central Bank of Jordan, or to exchange the same for any other currency using their accounts at the Bank or perform any transactions using these currencies, including making or receiving transfers with the objective of purchasing or selling these crypto currencies. If a Customer breaches this policy, the Bank reserves the right to terminate the account associated with the client immediately with no prior notification.
- The Customers privacy and security are very important to the Bank as the Bank treats the Customers personal information as private and confidential. The Bank is dedicated to protecting the Customers privacy and providing the Customer with the highest level of security and the Bank takes appropriate measures to keep the Customers personal information that the Bank holds about the Customer secure and ensure that it is protected from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or disclosure. To maintain protecting the Customers personal information, the Customer must conduct the following:
- Check the Customers account balance and bank statements regularly and notify the branch of any discrepancies promptly.
- Contact the Bank immediately if the Bank believes someone else may have access to the Customers password, username, or other confidential information and the Customer shall be liable for any harm until the date of informing the Bank.
- Accessing the Banks Application, Website, or through other reliable electronic or digital methods free of charge. However, the Customer acknowledges that the Bank may charge or impose subscription fees for all or part of the Services in addition to other costs and expense including but not limited to the account dormancy fee added after 6 months for current accounts and 2 years for saving account.
- The Customer acknowledges that, the Bank owns the copyrights and all other intellectual property rights in its Application, Website, and other online or offline platform including the design of Ahli Application and Ahli Bank and protected by the applicable copyright laws and treaties around the world. As stated above, the Service is provided to the Customer as is for his/her information and personal use only. The Bank reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service.
- The Bank grants the Customer a limited, revocable, non- sub licensable, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Service subject to the Customers eligibility and continued compliance with these Terms; provided that the Customer does not (and does not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Service. The Customer agrees not to modify the Service in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Service, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service.
- The Customer expressly understands and agrees that his/her use of the service is at his/her sole free will the service is provided on as an “as is” and “as available” basis. except as otherwise expressly provided in the terms herein or required by applicable law. The Bank expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, regarding any matter, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, and non-infringement, any content on the service, as well as warranties implied from a course of performance or course of dealing.
- The Bank makes no warranty that (I) the service will meet the Customers requirements; (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secured, or error-free; or the server available will be virus-free (iii) that information on the server will be correct, accurate, adequate, useful, timely, and reliable or otherwise complete or the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the Customer from the Bank or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the Customer from the Bank or from or through the provision of the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
- The Bank reserves the right to limit or terminate access to the Application/Website or through any electronic or digital trusted methods or any feature or part thereof at any time. If the Customer breaches these Terms or discloses his/her account number, username and password, he/she will be solely responsible for any damage to his/her phone, computer, system, account or funds.
- Notices to the Customer may be made via either email or regular mail. The Bank may also provide notices of changes to the Terms or Service or updating the Service. The Banks electronic mailing address is (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms in addition to the general opening account terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and the Bank and governs his/her use of the Service unless there is another account opening agreement in the branch which shall be read with these Terms as one. The Bank and the Customer shall use their best efforts to resolve any disputes amicably. These Terms shall be governed by the Jordanian Laws including the Electronic Transactions Law No. (15), 2015 as amended and the Transfer and E-Payment Regulation No. 111, 2017. Further, and in case any dispute concerning this website shall arise, then it shall be submitted to the Jordanian Courts located in Amman while in case any of the terms and conditions shall be invalid or unenforceable, then the same shall be of no impact as for the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions that shall remain applicable.
- All the terms that were not expressly stated shall apply on the Service and account opening. In the event of any inconstancy with these Terms and any other terms or conditions, then the Terms shall prevail.
- I the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that by clicking the “I agree icon” and/or signing electronically or wet signature that I have reviewed the terms and conditions of opening accounts, Ahli Bank Terms, understood its content, our review thereof was prior to clicking the icon and/or signing thereon, and that I was given the chance to read these Terms and the terms and conditions of the Bank and to precisely and realistically observe the same.
A- For the Benefit of Accounts:
- Is an account opened by a person in his / her personal name for the benefit of a minor or any other person, the Customer understands that such account is a personal account and having it for the benefit of is for regulatory purposes only and will not provide the beneficiary any mandate and / or authority over the account. No relation of kinship, trusteeship, or guardianship is required, and in the event the account was for the benefit of a minor.
- The beneficiary (to whose benefit the account is opened for) cannot withdraw from the account any amounts, nor has he the right to claim any amount that was deposited or withdrawn from the account by the account owner.
- The account Owner will be subject to all blacklists and AML checking and requirements.
- In the event of receiving a judicial attachment on the account owner, the Bank will block the account.
- For Current Accounts Opened for the benefit of the bank will issue checkbooks for and the customer may issue cheques or payment orders from that account.
- In the event the account was opened for the benefit of a minor, the he turned major, and an assignment was made for his benefit, the minor (now major) has to open a new account to transfer the balance thereof, and / or the same may withdraw the whole balance in cash in the event he was not willing to open a new account to fulfill the above indicated assignment, unless such assignment was cancelled by the account Owner.
- In the event of Account Owner’s death, the account will go to the legal heirs and in accordance to the procedures applicable by the bank, and in case any prize is won, the same shall be credited to the opened account and the same shall be eligible thereof.
B- Mandate Accounts:
- Mandate accounts are opened in the name of the minor under the mandate of his father / grandfather, whereby the guardian can perform withdrawal and deposit transactions.
- The Minor has no right to withdraw any monies before the same is of legal age, and he has no right to claim any amounts deposited in the account or withdrawn from the account by the guardian.
- Mandate over the account of the minor shall end when the minor becomes major, (is of legal age) (18) years, at which point the right of the guardian to the account will be seized, and the credit balance of the account will go to the minor upon the same reaching the legal age.
- No Checkbooks, cheques, payment orders will be issued for mandate current accounts.
- Upon opening an account for a minor, guardian information and documents shall be required.
C- Trusteeship (Custody) Accounts:
- Accounts in the name of a minor may be opened by the legal trustee after submitting the trusteeship deed as provided by the specialized Court, specifying clearly the authorities given to the trustee to withdrawing from the minor account.
- Upon opening an account for a minor, trustee information and documents shall be required.
- Custody over the account of the minor shall end when the minor becomes major, (is of legal age) (18) years, at which point the right of the custodian to the account will be seized. A custody account for an adult may be opened as per the Interdiction Certificate issued by the court, as a result of him being incapacitated, and the account will remain under the custody until a new certificate was issued by the court in this regard.
- No Checkbooks, cheques, payment orders will be issued for custody current accounts.
- Joint Accounts are opened for any natural person(s) (of legal age), and the account is jointly owned by more than one person. No Joint Accounts are opened for minors.
- Signature Authority for joint accounts is set in accordance to the joint owners’ agreement as indicated in the account opening application (whether jointly or severally).
- Amendment to Joint Accounts requests the approval of all (joint owners) unless the amendment was to change signature (specimen signature) of one of the owners.
- No joint accounts will be opened in the event of having one of the partners names listed on the blacklists.
- The balance of the joint account is owned equally by the joint owners of the account unless otherwise agreed on in writing.
- All the parties (owners of a joint account) are jointly and severally responsible to settle the debt balance of the account and any facilities granted thereto, whether as a result of a current account overdrawn, or an overdraft account, or discounted promissory notes, letters of credit, guarantees, or any other facilities they are committed to pay.
- In the event of the death of one of the joint account owners, the account shall be suspended, and the balance shall be equally divided between the partner, the share of the deceased party shall be withheld as being due for his legal heirs, and the account shall be disposed of in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and the share / shares of the other parties shall be transferred to their accounts. The Bank will not be responsible for any loss resulting from transactions or withdrawals done on the account, in the event of not notifying the Bank in writing accompanied with legal documents of the insolvency and or bankruptcy and or the death of any of the owners of the joint account.
- All joint account owners bear the responsibility in the event of not notifying the Bank upon the death of any of the owners and / or for the resulting negligence, and they release the Bank from any responsibility for the withdrawals done after the death of one of the owners and before the Bank was notified.
- Amounts deposited or credited in the account belongs to all the joint owners, and all withdrawn or disposed amounts through cheques, payment orders or any other banking transaction must be signed by the authorized signatory / signatories of the account.
- Joint Accounts may be closed upon the request of any of the partners (owners) unless the owners agree otherwise.
- The owners of the joint account understand that drawing a cheque from this account with no sufficient balance and the return thereof for whatever reason will result in the drawer’s liability of the crime of issuing an uncovered cheque as per the provision of Article 421 of the penal code or any of its future amendments, and the Bank will not be held responsible for any penal complaint submitted against the joint owners , notwithstanding the decision of the criminal court, whether convicted, innocent, or non-liable, whether the joint owners actually signed on the cheque or not, and the joint owners are civilly liable for any cheque drawn on the account even if the cheque was not signed by them or they were not authorized to sign. If a cheque was returned the Bank will report the names of all the parties of the joint account as per the instructions of the Central Bank of Jordan / returned checks Unit, and their names will appear on the blacklist
- The joint account balance shall not be blocked or used as cash collateral in guarantee for obtaining facilities to any of the account owners (loans or credit cards or overdraft or any other facility either direct or indirect) except with the approval of all the parties to the joint account regardless of signature authorization on the account.
- 1. In the event of an administrative or judicial attachment on any of the parties of a joint account, the following will apply:
- Opening individual accounts in the name of the parties and the parties shall authorize the Bank to open such accounts without the need to acquire the signatures thereof, and all the terms and conditions herein shall apply to such accounts. The partners understand that signing on the joint account application is considered as authorization to the Bank to open individual accounts in the name of the parties in case of an attachment was made on any of the parties account.
- The share of the partner shall be seized, and the remaining balance shall be divided amongst the other account partners.
- The Bank has the right to return any cheque submitted thereto after the issuance of the attachment even if the same was not signed by the person subject to the attachment, and the date thereof was prior or subsequent to the date of the attachment.
- In the event monies are credited to the joint account after the submission of the attachment, the same shall be divided amongst the individual accounts including the account of the person subject to attachment.
- This clause shall also apply if any partner is willing to close or withdraw from the account or his death.
The Bank has the right to settle and offset any amounts requested from any of the partners from his share in the joint account.
14. Electronic services (Ahli Mobil, Ahli Online, or any other electronic services) are issued to joint accounts for the purpose of inquiring and accepting credit movements only.
15. In the event any of the holders of a joint account is authorized to sign individually, he/shall have the right to transfer/issue transfers from the joint account to his/her personal account and shall have the right to place the balance as security for any obligations that have been or may be incurred in favor of the Bank, whether he/she is the debtor, a third party or a joint holder of the account.
- The customer shall bear full responsibility for all transfers from his account to the account of any Beneficiary upon the account of the beneficiary from local or foreign bank upon the application that requests by him to the Bank. Customer acknowledges of unconditional approval and It is not undeniable that the payment of the transfer by the Beneficiary’s Bank is based on the IBAN or beneficiary account number as stated in the application of the transfer and without matching the name of the beneficiary or any other details in the transfer with the name of the account holder at the beneficiary’s bank. The Customer shall bear any losses that may result from the beneficiary bank un match the name of the beneficiary or any other details in the transfer with the name of the account holder specified in the transfer application، The Bank disclaims any responsibility or liability that may be incurred by the Bank in this regard.”
- The Customer absolves the Bank from any claims which may be made against the Bank in respect of this transaction and from any responsibility resulting from failure to properly identify the payee or from any loss, mistake or misinterpretation or from any delay in this matter whether in transition or in effecting payment.
- The Customer undertakes to pay to the Bank any difference in case of devaluation, revaluation and/or floating of the foreign currency relating to the transaction which the Customer requests the Bank to settle and/or transfer on behalf of the Customer including any other costs relating thereto.
- The Customer declares that the purpose of this transaction is legal, and that he/she assumes full responsibility to the contrary. The Bank also absolves the Customer from any liability that may arise from non-pay-mint of said transfer or confiscation or of being detained by the correspondent bank or the beneficiary’s bank for any reason whatsoever.
- The Customer absolves the Bank from any liability in case the other parties at the Beneficiary’s country or any other place reserve / seized the values of transfers, or in case of rejecting the transfer by the beneficiary or the beneficiary’s Bank.
- The Customer shall hold the Bank harmless and indemnify it against any liability or loss that may be incurred by the Bank as a result of claims against it due to executing the transfers, including any loss that might arise from the costs or expenses or fees or any additional financial implication that may come due by the Bank to third parties.
- The Bank without any prior notice to the Customer shall be under no obligation to execute the transfers unless the Customer (Applicant) has maintained the adequate credit balance on the Customer’s account(s) to cover the amount of the transfers plus the fees, commissions and any other amounts required for the execution of the transfers. If the Bank elects, at its own discretion, to execute the transfers, for any reason, without having sufficient funds in the Customer’s account(s), the Customer shall immediately cover all the amounts incurred by the Bank for this purpose with the related interest and commissions at the rates prevailing at the Bank effective from the date of debiting the account. This procedure does not give the Customer the right to oblige the Bank automatically execute such transfers without having a sufficient balance.
- The Bank is at liberty to execute the transfers at the Customers entire responsibility. The Bank shall not be liable for any loss, delay, error, omission which may occur in the transmission of the SWIFT message or for its misinterpretation when received or for any delay caused by the laws and regulations in the country wherein payment should be disbursed or for any act of default or negligence of the beneficiary’s bank. The Bank shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any direct or indirect damage or loss.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to withdraw the transfers’ applications after the transferred amounts have been debited from the account. Nevertheless, and should be Bank approve, at its own discretion and taking into consideration the laws and regulations applied in the beneficiary’s country, to return the amount back to the Customer for any reason whatsoever, the Bank shall have the choice to pay at the prevailing purchase rate of the relevant currency less all charges and expenses.
- The Bank shall be absolved from any liability as a result of the delay in executing the transfers in case of incomplete information in the transfer issuance applications and the Bank shall be entitled to reject execution of any transfer due to non-compliance with the regulatory directions or its internal policies and procedures without illustrating the reason and justifications.
- The Bank may at any time implement any security and other procedures including the Bank’s “Customer Due Diligence” procedures for the verification of the identity of any of the parties of the financial transaction, the purpose of the financial transaction, or the relationship between the Customer and the Beneficiary.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank to disclose relevant information’s and/or documents and/or bills and information to third parties as far as they relate to the financial transaction including the Customer’s account number/IBAN, date of birth (for individuals)/registration number (for non-Individuals), address, contact details, the beneficiary’s address, contact details and the purpose of the transactions within the transfer details if the requirements of the regulatory authorities in the paying bank’s country or the beneficiary’s country require that, or its essential to proceed the mentioned transaction
- The amount transfer in the required currency shall be subject to exchange instructions or any regulations issued by the regulatory bodies in this regard, this is according to the rules and regulations of the country that issues the transfer. The Bank shall not bear any loss, delay, or damage caused by such rules and regulations.
- In the event of insufficient balance in the account from which the transfer is requested to be executed, the Bank may, without being obliged to execute the transfer by debiting any of the Customers other accounts.
- This form was issued in both Arabic script and English script, in case of any conflict Arabic script prevails.
- The Customer authorizes the Bank to execute the required remittance through any of the banks or other institutions not specified in the request if the Bank finds that the execution of this remittance does not require this, and this is the Customers full responsibility, and the Customer absolves the Bank from any liability.
- The Customer shall bear full responsibility for all transfers from his account to the account of any Beneficiary upon the account of the beneficiary from local or foreign bank upon the application that requests by him to the Bank. Customer acknowledges of unconditional approval, and it is not undeniable that the payment of the transfer by the beneficiary’s bank is based on the IBAN, or beneficiary account number as stated in the application of the transfer and without matching the name of the beneficiary or any other details in the transfer with the name of the account holder at the beneficiary’s bank. The Customer shall bear any losses that may result from the beneficiary bank un match the name of the beneficiary or any other details in the transfer with the name of the account holder specified in the transfer application، The Bank disclaims any responsibility or liability that may be incurred by the Bank in this regard.”
- These terms and conditions an integral part of a Debit Card application that is signed by a Debit Card applicant for the purpose of issuing /re-issuing/renewing/ replacement for lost or damage or any other reason, where these terms & conditions are applicable on debit cards will be issued in future by the Bank from my accounts. also, on primary & supplementary issued debit card / cards.
- It is understood by the Customer that the Debit Card and the PIN issued by the Bank are the property of the Bank, and the Customer may not dispose of them in any way. The Customer acknowledges his / her full and absolute responsibility to protect, preserve and keep safe the Debit Card and his / her / its PIN, and he / she shall remain responsible to the Bank, jointly and severally for any breach or violation by him / her in this regard.
- The Bank shall have the right, at any time and without giving any reason, to cancel and/or stop the use of the Card and its PIN given to the Customer without giving any prior notice or notification. The Customer shall hereby exempt the Bank from any actions or make any transaction for cancellation, as this is due to the discretion and choice of the Bank.
- The Customer declares his /he r/ its full commitment to preserve the Card and the PIN, and that he / she shall not allow any person whatsoever to use any of them, and the Customer shall be responsible to the Bank and other persons for all damages and losses that may be incurred by any of them, and the Customer shall be obliged to indemnify the Bank immediately for such damages or losses, whether they were arising as a result of illegal use and / or misuse, whatever their amount is and regardless of whether or not they were intentional, and for the amount determined by the Bank and without any need from the part of the Bank to give notice or notification. The Bank shall have the right to debit Customer’s account therewith with all damages and losses incurred by the Bank or third parties as a result of such illegal use and / or misuse.
- The Customer acknowledges that he / she shall be fully committed to protect and preserve the Card and the PIN against theft or loss and / or causing changes to the data contained therein, or destruction, or distorting its form, and that in all cases he / she shall be obliged to notify the Bank in writing of any of such matters clearly and expressly so that the Bank may be able to take proper actions. Moreover, the Customer declares that the Bank shall not be responsible for any matter or thing that may result from the Customer’s failure to notify the Bank of such matters and in particular the loss of the Card which the Customer is obliged to send written notice immediately after he / she has found it. In all cases, the Bank shall have the right to issue a new Card to the Customer as well as a new PIN if the Bank has become certain of the correctness of the information contained in the Customer’s notification, and the Customer shall pay for a new fee determined by the Bank’s internal instructions /or Central Bank instructions in addition to any other expenses
- The Customer shall maintain in his / her account with the Bank sufficient amounts to cover all withdrawals made by him / her by means of the Card delivered to him / her, and the Customer may not overdraw from his / her account except in the case of prior agreement with the Bank on account overdraft in the manner and amount agreed upon. The Bank reserves the right to transfer any amount from the Customer’s other accounts to his / her said account in order to cover any overdraft that may result from any dealings made by him / her with the account. The Bank shall also have the right to debit any of the Customer’s accounts with the Bank in addition to any withdrawals made or may be made by the Customer by means of the Card and the PIN and to settle the balances in favor of the Bank. In the event that the account is overdrawn for any reason whatsoever, the Customer acknowledges and agrees on the validity and correctness of the overdraft, and the Customer shall be obligated to repay, and amount debited to the overdrawn account in addition to all fees, charges and commissions including overdraft fee as per the Bank’s internal instructions and related Central bank instructions. The Customer also acknowledges that entries and records of the Bank are conclusive and correct evidence of all amounts due to the Bank, and the Customer may not have any objection to them. The Customer further waives any legal right he / she must challenge such entries and accounts or object to them. In addition, the Customer waives any legal objection that allows him / her to demand to present the Bank’s books or records or examine its accounts or administration of the conclusive or decisive oath on the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors and / or the General Manager and / or employees of the Bank.
- The Customer shall have the right to apply for the cancellation of the subscription to the Debit Card service provided he / she has notified in writing or using any of the Bank’s approved channels and depending on the case with whatever the Bank sees fit the Bank of such desire. In this case, the Customer shall be obliged to return the Card to the Bank immediately, provided that his / her responsibility towards the Bank remains in place until he / she has paid all his / her liabilities to the Bank.
- The Bank shall have the absolute right to cancel the Customer’s subscription to the Debit Card service and request him / her to return the Card immediately, at the time when a seizure of the balances of his / her accounts is imposed, or when a bankruptcy order is issued against him / her, or when he / she stops to pay (to his / her creditors), or upon liquidation of his / her / its assets, or for any disposition affecting the payment of his / her liabilities and obligations to the Bank. In all cases, all obligations and liabilities owed to the Bank by the Customer as a result of the use of the Card shall immediately be payable without the Bank having to notify him / her of the actions taken by the Bank in this regard.
- The Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly against the Customer due to the interruption or failure of the ATM, whether due to technical or non-technical reasons, and / or in case of failure to write down the amounts deposited in the machine and / or as a result of an unintentional error by the Bank, and the Customer shall hold the Bank harmless of any liability and / or damage and / or loss resulting from such cases or otherwise.
- The Customer acknowledges that he / she shall be absolutely and irrevocably responsible for any withdrawals or any transactions that have taken place as a result of his / her / its use of the Card in the event of opening a joint account and obtaining separate Cards allowing him / her to withdraw from such accounts on the grounds that each of the members to the joint account is authorized to sign alone to use the joint account and to dispose in whole or in part of the amounts deposited, and the Bank reserves the right to stop the account at any time without notice to the Customer.
- The Bank reserves the right to make any amendments, additions or changes to the terms and conditions, without the Customer having the right to object to them, and without the need from the part of the Bank to notify the Customer of such changes or modifications, or they shall be binding on the Customer as of the time of making them and shall be deemed as an integral part of the other terms and conditions contained in these provisions. The same shall apply in the event of modification of any of the terms and conditions of the party which the Card holds its trademark such as MasterCard
- The Customer acknowledges that all information given to the Bank is true and correct and shall commit him / her to provide the Bank with any information that may arise as a result of any modification or change in the Customer’s financial position. The Customer also acknowledges that the Bank has the right to inquire about the Customer from any person or entity whatsoever, to ensure that the information given to the Bank by the Customer is true and correct without the Customer having any objection thereto.
- The Customer understands that the Bank shall not be obliged to give any notice or notification regarding any matter that may arise from the execution of the provisions of this obligation, unless it wishes to give notice or deliver any messages to the Customer, and the Customer confirms that the address registered with the Bank is the authorized address for sending message / mail to him / her.
- It is understood by the Customer that the instructions, legislation and laws in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and any amendments thereto shall be applicable to the relationship between him / her and the Bank, and the instructions issued by the Bank or banking practices shall be deemed an integral part of this obligation and an integral part of the applicable laws. The courts of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan shall have jurisdiction over any matter, dispute or disagreement arising out of the application of these Terms and Conditions, or in any matter that may be related to them or to their interpretation.
- It is understood by the Customer that the Debit Card is issued to the minor’s accounts under guardianship and to the benefit (of the minor), according to the Bank’s internal policy and the Card is issued in the name of the guardian or beneficent for the account to the benefit of (a minor).
- The Bank shall be authorized to renew the Primary Card as well as the Additional Card after its expiry date after receiving the Customer’s approval through the approved channels unless otherwise it receives a written notice from the Customer prior to renewal.
- The Customer agrees to the maximum daily withdrawal / purchase /deposit/ payment /transfers, or any other service granted from the Bank to Customer amount and this limit is subject to change without prior notice, which shall apply to both the Primary Card and the additional one.
- It is understood and agreed that in case the Customer makes any online transactions using his card that he is responsible for these transactions and the Bank shall not be held responsible for any misuse, with the Customers knowledge or without or because of his negligence or electronic piracy or any use that led to any debit on the Customer’s account.
- It is understood by the Customer that the Bank provides the service of passing cards on the ATMs or point of sale without the need to enter the PIN (contactless cards) and for certain amounts the Bank administration reserves the right to determine or amend them at any time, the Customer drops his right to object to these transfers and once Submitting the card to perform the operation, the Customer is considered to be relinquishing the setting of the PIN, and this is deemed his agreement to the operation.
- Debit Cards may not be issued to Customers on the prohibited lists, whether the account open with the Bank is a personal, sole proprietorship, company or corporate body account.
- Any notice by the Customer received through the approved channels of the loss of the Card, or the PIN or the request for stopping the service must be urgent and immediately made after occurrence of the reason for this. Such notice shall state the circumstances under which the loss or theft of the Card or the reason for stopping the service has taken place. The Customer shall be released of any responsibility as of the moment he / she has notified the Bank of such incident and the Bank may, without being bound to, accept a verbal notification coming through the Call Center as well as through the Web Site of the Bank by means of entering his / her name and password, and the Bank shall bear no responsibility regarding any actions law enforcement may take in case they have been notified of the incident.
- The Customer acknowledges that the reports extracted from the ATM system, Points of Sale and public banking systems shall be deemed evidence acceptable to prove that deposits, withdrawals and transactions have taken place, and they shall be the sole reference for proof between the Customer and the Bank.
- If there is any discrepancy between the amount that was debited upon the cash withdrawal and the amount actually received by the Customer or if the Customer has not received any amount, or there is any difference between the amount that was recorded when depositing cash and the amount actually deposited by the Customer. the Customer must notify the Bank in writing at the next business day at the latest or through the Call Center or through Online Banking, otherwise the Bank shall not be liable to the Customer for any discrepancies, and the inventory conducted by the Bank shall be the only reference in judging the validity of the Customer’s claim of shortage.
- The Customer shall bear any mistake / error that may occur as a result of his / her depositing / transferring / payment / purchase any amount in error from his account to the accounts of other people.
- The data appearing on the ATM screen shall be deemed part of the terms of the transacting, and the Bank’s word for them shall be regarded as an acceptable evidence to prove these terms.
- It is understood to the Customer is obligated to notice the Bank for any changes or amendments in respect to the authorized signatory / signatories were determined by the customer according to the relative laws, also, any changes or amendments in respect to the cardholder for primary & / or supplementary debit cards which issued from customer’s account under company name & / or cardholder name, where the bank is not responsible against the financial & / or non-financial transactions executed on the account either through the primary / supplementary debit cards, and the Customer may not have any objection to them. The Customer further waives any legal right he has to challenge such entries and accounts or object to them, whenever the customer provided a notice to act from Bank side on these changes either administratively and financially authorized persons or cardholders.
- The subsidiary card is issued to first-degree relatives and is subject to the approval of the Bank according to internal procedures.
- A Primary Card shall be issued in the name of the Primary Account Holder and/or Additional in the name of the person / other user identified by the Customer and approved by the Bank. In either case, the Customer shall be responsible for any transactions made under the Primary or Additional Cards, including keeping safe the cards and PINs and shall also be responsible for any loss to the Bank as a result of misuse of Cards or equipment.
- Debit Cards are issued to the Customer’s current, savings and demand accounts or any account the Bank sees fit if they are active.
- 1. A. Direct debit cards of all kinds are not issued to accounts of incapacitated persons, and in cases in which direct debit cards are issued to accounts of guardianship, guardianship and benefit, they are subject to the terms and conditions and the internal policy of the Bank and in the cases in which and in the event that the card is granted to these accounts, the trustee bears / The guardian is fully responsible. B) Cards are issued to Customers with disabilities according to the Bank’s terms and conditions, its internal policy, and the related Central Bank’s instructions.
- The Additional Debit Cards of the Customer shall be suspended in the event of a conservatory attachment / seizure on the account as is the case for the Primary Cards.
- The Additional Card may be issued linked to a sub-account without such card being linked to the primary account.
- It is understood by the Customer that he / she acknowledges the validity and correctness of the financial and nonfinancial transactions executed on any of his / her main and / or additional Cards and shall not have the right to object to them, and he /she holds the Bank harmless of any responsibility for such transactions.
- It is understood by the Customer that the Additional Cards are issued with the same remaining validity period for the Primary Card and / or as determined by the Bank in this regard.
- It is understood by the Customer that in the case of cancellation of the Primary Card, the Bank may cancel the Additional Card(s) on the account as may be determined by the Bank.
- It is understood by the Customer that the Bank shall have the right to cancel, suspend or stop any of its additional Cards at its sole discretion and without giving reasons.
12.It is understood by the Customer that the Bank shall have the right to amend the fees and commissions relating to the issuance, renewal or use of the main and/or Additional Card .in case it was modified by the issuer such as Mastercard.
- It is understood by the Customer that all terms and conditions of the main Debit Card shall apply to the Additional Card which shall be seen and approved in advance.
- The Bank may issue a Debit Card to the accounts of the minor under guardianship. In accordance with the Bank’s internal policy, and that the guardian undertakes to use the card in accordance with his minor interest, whether by withdrawal or deposit only.
- The Debit Card of the minor’s accounts shall automatically be stopped when the minor reaches the legal age and according to the applicable laws without reference to the guardian (parent).
- The guardian (parent) undertakes to protect and keep safe the Debit Card and the PIN and shall acknowledge the correctness of the balances, statements and notices issued by the Bank.
- No additional Card may be issued against the minor’s account.
- In the event of death of the minor (God forbid), the guardian must notify the Bank directly and all electronic services granted to this account shall be suspended.
- The guardian undertakes to sign an acknowledgement of the correctness of the balances and the actions taken by him / her / it during his / her / its period of guardianship for the account when the minor reaches the legal age.
- These Conditions are considered an integral part of the General terms and Conditions set for Electronic Banking Services. In case of conflict, Ahli Mobile conditions prevail.
- The Bank bears no responsibility in the event of irregularity or discontinuation of the service, or the inaccuracy of the information provided.
- In case the Customer is willing to have this service in more than one device, he accepts and approves all transactions done on any of their devices, and the Bank will consider it as transaction done from the same Customer.
- The Customer hereby irrevocably authorizes the Bank to accept and execute any instructions sent by the Customer through fax messages and/or emails with the Customer’s verified signature, including orders to make payments, transfer funds from one account to another or any other matters.
- These instructions are deemed as if issued to the Bank by the Customer. Such authority provided in this authorization shall be enforceable and current until the Bank is provided with a written notice issued by the Customer or his/her authorized signatory to amend or terminate the authorization.
- Any instructions issued to by the Customer via an approved fax in the Banks records or by email are considered binding to the Customer regardless of the sender’s identity, and it is impermissible for the Customer to retract, contest or ignore the accuracy of these instructions including the orders to pay or transfer from one account to another or any other related matters, provided that confirmation is recorded by a call from the Bank.
- The Customer hereby declares that there is a risk associated with the instructions included within the fax/email in the sense that the Customer is completely aware of possible forgery, piracy or abuse of fax/email and then sending such fax/email to the Bank requesting any financial service related to the Customers accounts, and the Customer agrees to bear such risk at his/her own personal responsibility and provided that the Customer will not assume any ensuing responsibility towards the Bank or towards any third party; particularly as the Customer has already chosen and agreed to bear this risk. The Customer hereby irrevocably agrees to relieve the Bank of any liabilities, costs, claims, losses or expenses of any sort whatsoever which the Customer might possibly sustain as a result or because of or concerning any forgery or piracy operations or as a result of the Customers actions in accordance with the instructions sent to the Bank by the Customer via fax/email as long as they appear to have been issued by the Customer.
- The Customer relieves the Bank and/or any of its employees harmless from any legal or other liability resulting from executing such instructions. The Customer also irrevocably waives any right to challenge or reject any or all amounts charged to his/her account due to any instructions that I send to the Bank by fax/email.
- The Customer irrevocably waives any right to object to any amounts debited from his/her account as a result of his/her instructions received by fax/email, and the Banks right to object to any instructions, requests or orders issued by fax/email and the right to reject it to any administrative or judicial authority.
- The Customer undertakes to provide the Bank with an original letter to confirm any instructions that he/she sends by fax/email and relieve and hold the Bank from any liability, whether the Bank receives the original letter or not.
- The Customers holds the Bank and/or any of its employees harmless from any legal or other liability resulting from executing such instructions sent by fax/email whether reinforced by telephone, written instructions or not.
- If the Bank has the right to reject the Customer’s instructions via fax/email without giving reasons, and the Customer exempts the Bank and / or any of its employees from any legal or other liability for its refusal to implement these instructions.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Bank is entitled to decline to accept any other instructions or operation whatsoever which might be done through the instructions sent to the Bank if they, in the Banks opinion, are inexplicit or if instructions involve incongruities. In this case, the Bank may choose to refrain from implementing such instructions on the grounds that it will not bear any responsibilities as a result of such choice. The Customer also declares hi/her approval of any conditions and provisions related to any instructions or services requested through him/her via fax/email.
- In case of a change in authorized signatories on the Customer’s account(s), the Customer undertakes to inform the Bank and to execute any additional forms or separate written request in a form specified by the Bank. In the event the Customer doesn’t inform the Bank of any change in authorized signatories on his/her account(s), the Bank will continue to accept Instruction(s) at the Customers own personal responsibility and without any responsibility on the Bank or its employees.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that all instructions sent to the Bank through fax/email will not be considered received/executed by the Bank unless the Bank receives them and not once the Customers receives an automatic receipt report. The Customer hereby waives his/her right to object to any instructions, requests, or orders issued by fax/email and which the Customer shall consider as being issued by him/her during the official working hours of the Bank, without any responsibility on the Bank or its employees if not to implement those instructions, requests or orders outside official working hours.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Bank is entitled to decline accepting any other instructions or operation whatsoever which might be performed through the instructions sent to the Bank via fax/email in case the Customer doesn’t answer the phone calls recorded by the Bank as a form of assertation of the instructions sent through fax/email later without any responsibility on the Bank or its employees if not to implement those instructions, requests or orders to assert
- The Customer affirms that he/she has signed and sent this authorization in his/her official capacity authorizing the Bank to do so, and that the provisions of this authorization shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
1 . Customer is not listed on any blacklists for returned cheques.
- Customer is current on all payments and amounts due and outstanding
- Customer’s account is free from any liens whether to the benefit of governmental entities or pursuant to court judgments
- Customer has been employed for no less than 12 months, whether in the private or public sector
- CRIF credit report is acceptable to the Bank and no payments remain outstanding for longer than 29 days.
Total commitments including the instant loan should not exceed 150,000 jod
Customer title should not be classified as services.
The employer should be on the TML.
Customer data is cleansed.
Salary transfer to the bank for the last 6 months in regular basis.
Customer should not exceed 60 years at the end of the loan period.
- Whereas the Bank has initiated the service of electronic money transfers from a Customer’s account to other accounts within the Bank, whether these accounts belong to the Customer himself / herself or to other Customers, and, whereas the Customer wishes to avail himself / herself of this service; The Customer hereby concedes to the following:
- These Special Conditions are an integral part of the General Conditions set for the Bank’s services: Ahli Online (Online Banking), Ahli SMS and Ahli Electronic Transfer and Ahli Mobile Service.
- To conclude a transfer, the Customer enters the account numbers to which he / she wishes to make the transfer through Ahli Online, provided those accounts are not accounts whose holders refuse to accept third party deposits and money transfers.
- It is understood by both parties (the Bank and the Customer) that the transfer transaction, if executed successfully, is irrefutable by either of the two parties. The transfer shall be considered as correct and legally valid upon completion of the transfer process.
- The Bank may reverse the entries in case the beneficiary refuses to accept the value of the money transfer. Furthermore, the Bank shall not be held liable in case it rejects the money transfer.
- The Customer concedes that the transfer transaction has been executed at his / her own responsibility and that the Bank is not held liable for any potential error in the value of the transfer, time of executing the transfer, or the beneficiary’s account number.
- The Customer concedes that the Bank is not party to any contractual or non-contractual relation between the Customer and the holder of the account to which the money transfer has been affected (the Beneficiary). Furthermore, the Bank shall not assume any liability of whatever type or cause that may result from any relation between the Customer and the Beneficiary. It is to be understood that the role of the Bank is confined only to providing the service and facilitating the money transfer transaction.
- Electronic transfer includes but not limited to Transfers between the Bank Customers and / or Bill Payments and / or Request for Bank Cheque and / or Request for Swift Transfer and / or any other services shall the Bank add in the future.
The terms and conditions of Opening Accounts are made in both Arabic and English languages, and in the event of conflict between the two versions, the Arabic version shall prevail.
I / we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that we reviewed the terms and conditions of opening accounts and deposit accounts with the Bank, understood its content, our review thereof was prior to signing thereon, and that we were given the chance to read these terms and conditions and provisions and to precisely and realistically observe the same. And that we received a copy of these terms and conditions, and the contract, and the terms and conditions were signed on________/______ /______
Our signature on this request is considered an acknowledgment by us of perusal, comprehension, and approval of what was contained therein without prejudice to the right of the Bank to amend all what was stated in these instructions or any part of them at any time after notifying us of this at the regular mail and / or electronic address and / or SMS at our mobile number approved by the Bank and as soon as it is sent We are considered fundamentalist.